Kurt Kinetic Road Machine Fluid Trainer

Road Machine Fluid

From springs to intervals to an all-day cruise, the Powertap calibration offers true simulation of an outdoor ride. Quiet, smooth and completely leak-proof with resistance that adjusts automatically as you change speeds.

Oldgt   Weekend Warrior [Feb 20, 2013]
Strength:

Quiet, easy to set up, stable.

Price. However I believe in buying the best and buy it once.

Little pricey but well worth it if it lasts. Very smooth and close to real bike riding. No problems so far and it gets used a fair amount.

OVERALL
Cormac   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2012]
Strength:

Solid build, good resistance

Very expensiv

My fiance and I purchased this shortly before christmas time. It was our christmas present for each other. In reality it was more for me. As I'm the cyclist and she's more into running than anything. But a treadmill wasn't a practical purchase for where where living right now so this was the next best thing.

A good workout for the winter months. It will help keep your endurance from falling so come spring you don't have to stop halfway through your favorite trail to keep your heart from exploding. I used it about 4 times throughout the winter when I'd get bored and just wanna be on a bike. Gradually it got harder, but that's my own fault. Now that I'm riding SS, I'll be sure and actually use it this coming winter.

It comes equipped with an 8 pound wheel and there is a 12 pound available for purchase. Not sure the price on that. But considering this thing is so expensive as is, I'm sure it's not cheap. I'd imagine the 12 pound weight would do better for your legs than the 8. But even still you feel it in short order. You can adjust the resistance by turning a knob on the bottom of the machine which tightens the roller against the wheel. The bike feels very stable when attached to the machine. Even when pedaling hard I never felt as though I was gonna tip over.

So while it's extremely over priced IMO, it does work well and would definitely have kept me in shape during the winter months had I used it more. I would have rather purchased something a little less expensive as I'm not a roadie. If I was, this would be about perfect!

OVERALL