Inside Ride eMotion Roller System Trainer

Inside Ride eMotion Roller System Trainer

Finally, a cycling platform that moves with you, allowing the natural motion of real riding. The E-motion system completely changes the feel of indoor riding.

The patented design is based on a simple sliding frame, which lets the bike float naturally forward or back as you ride…so your bike reacts freely to the movement of your body, as it does on the road. Common rollers prevent natural motion (which is why people don’t like them). This is the first trainer EVER to create a full 3-dimensional feel with steering, balance and freedom of motion.

The E-motion comes with a MAGNETIC resistance unit and precision ALUMINUM drums. It is QUIET and RELIABLE and offers an amazing level of comfort and rideability. It’s a dream machine for the thousands of cyclists who are sick of conventional rollers, but want to ride indoors to stay fit.

Although the floating action will keep you "in the pocket" 95% of the time, for absolute security, our bumper system is exceptional. You cannot ride out of these rollers! For aggressive sprinting, and out of the saddle efforts, the bumpers will keep you up and cranking no matter how wild you get... without disturbing your steering or balance!

[Oct 27, 2010]
woodsterss

Strength:

Well built, short learning curve, fun to ride, allows for easy out-of-the-saddle riding, resistance allows for easy spin or hard workout.

Weight and lack of folding is a factor for those who need compactness and portability and the price will be outside the limit for many. Also it is not well suited to many mountain bikes.

Great product. An hour ride on the e-motion goes by quickly. An hour on a fixed trainer is like bamboo under the fingernails. I had never ridden rollers before, yet it took only 5 minutes to get comfortable with basic riding and about 30 minutes before I could stand and really hammer at the pedals. I still can't go without hands, but I will get there. Some say the added safety features make you lazy and prevent you from mastering form. I disagree. The safety features reduce the risk for the novice or inattentive rider, but the basic nature of the rollers remains and so it encourages you to develop a smooth pedal stroke and centerline position. The biggest advantage is the ability to stand. This skill can be attained on regular rollers, but only with much practice and even then it appears awkward-as if the rider has most of their concentration on not falling down. The floating system of the e-motion, while hardly noticeable with ordinary riding, really comes into play during standing efforts. This is a small company and few stores carry the rollers as yet, but I think it will catch on and be the next hot training item in the near future.

Just fixed trainers.

[Nov 27, 2008]
Lars Dalgas

Strength:

This is THE top rollers! I've used the older type since 1980'ies and take my word: Insideride really rules the market!
Save your hard earned bucks from buying cheaper stuff, get these and enjoy your training this winter

Took some weeks before it came...

Best product.

Tacx

[Sep 11, 2007]
Jay

Strength:

Copy of my letter to Larry, the inventor/producer of the rollers:

I wanted to follow up on the feedback from yesterday on the telephone. We spoke about my first time trying the rollers (or any rollers for that matter). I had planned to do a ride outside yesterday, but after setting up the rollers and trying them in my regular clothes and sneakers, I missed the car free time in Central Park (after that you get a narrow bike lane to share with other bikes, skaters, runners, etc.) So I decided to try an inside ride.

Having never done a longer than 45-60 minute ride on my trainer, I was aiming for an hour to compare how I felt. After a few minutes, I got more comfortable and was able to free a hand for drinking and grabbing a nearby towel for sweat. After a few minutes more, I was able to stand and coast to relieve pressure. After about 20 minutes I started to actually try to swerve a bit to get a feel for the side bumpers and then was able to go to the big ring to stand and pedal for relief. Although I know it’s probably not a great idea on the first ride, I had to try riding no hands after seeing the video. At first, I could only manage a few seconds but by the end of the ride I was able to ride no hands for up to 30-40 seconds. Very cool, of course trying all this is because of the knowledge of the side bumpers to keep you on.

At 1 hour I had none of the crotch agony that I would have on the trainer. I hopped off to fill my water bottle and got back on for another 20 minutes. At that point I was starving from not having eaten much and hopped off to wolf down a piece of bread and some juice and got back on. I rode for another 40 minutes for a total of about 2 hours!! Of course, as you know, there was no comparison to riding the trainer with this feeling much more like really riding, however, with the comforting knowledge of the side bumpers, I could and did zone out a bit (not a bad thing, just kind of lost in thought that you sometimes get on the bike when your riding in car free space). I can definitely see some 2-3 hour base rides this winter inside.

Lastly, despite the wattage estimates in the graph, I think the rolling resistance (at least for my bike setup) on the zero resistance setting is close to road riding. On relative flats on the road, I ride between 19 and 22 mph in my endurance zone and on the rollers, once I got up to my zone, which took a bit of warm up time, I was riding between 19 and 21 mph. My average speed over the 2 hours was about 18.5 mph including warm up and cool down time. I can assure you that I don’t put out anywhere near 300 watts at an endurance zone pace (probably closer to 200 watts).

none so far. a remote control to change resistance and add incline would be great, wouldn't it?

Great product that should help me lay down a great base this winter.

only trainer, no rollers

[Apr 29, 2007]
Tommy

Strength:

Smooth and dependable. The ability to sprint!!!

Not able to click the magnet to climb hills while I am riding. But that's not a problem. The price....But I am not disappointed...

I'm a Johnny come lately to the racing scene. Started at 36 years old but it makes me feel young. I have worked my way up to the PRO 1,2's with in 9 months of racing. I would like to see how far I can take this crazy sport. My work schedule is crazy as well. Being a fireman and working 24 hour shifts can be a real bummer if I don't get a ride in. My Inside Ride stays in the van. If I can squeeze in a 30-90 minute ride I know that my competition is not getting a leg up on me.

Stationary bikes, other rollers, and rear wheel trainers. They all suck compared to the Inside Ride.

[Apr 18, 2007]
Trickykill

Strength:

None other like it. These rollers allow you to ride close to how you can outdoors. You can sprint...Not just a controlled sprint...an all out, head down, all you have sprint. You can ride no handed, grab a bottle, dial a cell phone, coast, slow to a crawl, stretch your legs and ride out the saddle. Workmanship and quality is first class. The magnetic resistance unit and rollers work quietly.

None I am aware of

If you want a set of rollers that are fun to ride, that you can relax on, watch a movie, or just zone out for hours at at time, you have to get emotions. They are worth every penny.......

1up USA trainer

[Apr 16, 2007]
Cameron Holland

Strength:

The smoothest rollers I have ever ridden. It feels just like riding on the road. I can adjust my position in the saddle and not worry about falling off. You can stand and sprint like you are on the road. I was very surprised at how real they feel and it actually makes me want to go ride when I used to dread indoor Training.

No real weakness’s to speak of. I would love to be able to take then to the races to worm up on so a portable version would be great but that’s what my old turbo trainer is for.

The drums are perfectly round, and all parts are top notch. They seem as no expense was spared in production. All in all, the best indoor trainer I have ever ridden and I have used most out there. If you are going to ride inside, you have to have a set of these. E-Motion, Thanks for a great product.

Many different types of rollers and rear wheel trainers.

[Apr 10, 2007]
Hugh Gapay

Strength:

These rollers are so comfortable and responsive. I am still marveled at the design of these rollers. I am not sure how they work only thatb they kick butt on my krietlers.

These rollers are so awesome I almost don't want to ride outside anymore.

If you are serious about indoor training these are a must have. I put 5000 miles on my Krietlers last year and , although I cant complain about my results, the e-motion system is leaps and bounds ahead of any traditional roller. I bought my rollers in Jan. 2007 and have put almost three thousand miles on them to date. These rollers rock!

I trained on a set of Kreitler's last year.

[Apr 09, 2007]
Joshua Simonds

Strength:

You can ride these HARD and not die! Seamlessly get in and out of the saddle without worrying about crashing thru a window :( They have a natural road feel. I ride using an SRM and readings are spot on with magnetic resistance off. Also, these rollers have a unique ability to provide instant bio-feedback. If you ride unevenly they will "surge" telling you to correct your bike fit or riding style. As a pro coach I LOVE that aspect because I am able to watch riders and make quick changes to their bike fit and style than see the result. Resistance can be set from zero to OMG!
The units are VERY well made and customer support outta this world :) E-Motion guys are dedicated and they "get it".

None!
If you need something portable for races than buy it. This is a serious indoor training device.

Buy them if you don't want to fall on your face after a winter of training or think you'd enjoy riding indoors without being locked into a fixed position OR if you are a coach these are amazing for working on form.
Anyone want more skinny contact me thru:
www.bicycle-coach.com

Krietler
Cortinas

[Apr 08, 2007]
Tom

Strength:

Excellent quality. Ability to stand and crank helps provide a more complete workout. Riding duration is far greater than with standard rollers. Very smooth.

STOP!!! Save yourself the grief of riding on a standard set of rollers and spend a little more for the real deal!
You will NOT regret this purchase!
My wife, whom is a new rider, has taken to these very easily. I have to get in line to use them!

Standard rollers (which don't compare!).

[Apr 05, 2007]
frank

Strength:

quality of materials, design, simulates road dynamic

Hands down the best training device for a number of reasons: Sprint, no hands riding, makes riding inside much more than just bearable. The quality of craftsmenship should warrant a price that is double what it retails for. A life long investment.

stationary trainers, other rollers