Topeak PrepStand Max Tools

PrepStand Max

Topeak Prep Stand Max is a lightweight, folding stand for home use. Hard rubber jaws hold bottom bracket securely and front wheel hook adds stability when working on bike.

mercierfils   All Mountain Rider [Aug 18, 2015]
Strength:

Looked like a good idea

Major frame damage

I had used this stand for a few years on my road bike and 2002 Jekyll and wasn't too disappointed. It covers any access to the bottom of the down tube/bottom bracket and a couple of other nitpicky things. Then I was washing my 2015 Jekyll (4th time) and couldn't get it off the stand when I was done. Because the frame can move slightly in this stand, the threaded binder hook had dug into my frame both with it's tip and with the shaft, girdling the the down tube. I emailed a week ago but I haven't heard back from #Todson, the parent company, about probably wrecking my bike. Stand manual says it is "Suitable for all types of frames," by the way.

ryschult1   Racer [May 09, 2010]
Strength:

Innovative design, easy to adjust. Range of height.

Only one Angle

This stand is great of bikes with integrated seat posts. On my Yeti I don't have to worry if I have my seat mast adapter. I also really like how much height adjustment the stand has. I can lower it if I'm working on the cockpit and then raise it so the drive train is at a more comfortable level. This is the first stand where my back isn't tired after cleaning my bike. I found the stand to be plenty stable for mountain bikes. I would highly recommend this stand for both road and mountain bikes.

Similar Products Used: Feedback Stands, Ultimate Stands
quietcornerrider   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2009]
Strength:

Affordable, Well Thought Out Design, High Quality Materials, Ease of Use, Transportable

Slightly Unsatable if Pointed in the wrong direction, Unable to keep handlebars up for brake bleeds.

Except for the inability to angle the bike up for bleeds, this is a GREAT portable stand. I do the work for my wife's triathlon team, and bring the stand with me, and it works like a charm.

It is SLIGHTLY unstable with mountain bikes on if not pointed correctly, but you can get a ton of leverage on it.