Topeak Hexus 16 Tools

• Chain Hook: Steel Wire
  • Tool Material: Hardened Steel
  • Body: Engineering Grade Plastic

EMrider   [Oct 21, 2012]
Strength:

Good selection of basic tools.

Poor quality construction.

The "frame" for this multi tool is relatively weak plastic.

I needed to loosed a 6mm hex bolt on my stem. It was on tight, but nothing excessive.

As I increased force, I felt the tool twisting in my hand. Unfortunately, the hex bolt didn't budge and the twisting was the plastic parts holding this tool together breaking apart in my hand. Now I can't apply and torque with any of the hex tools.

This design is a POS.

I can't believe that Topeak felt this product was acceptable.

Don't waste your money.

quietcornerrider   Cross Country Rider [Dec 29, 2009]
Strength:

Compact, Good Assortment of Tools, The chain connector wire is ingenious, good solid construction

A *little* heavy

A great tool overall. I have fixed every problem I and my band of riders have encountered on the trail with the help of this tool. I have not experienced any problems with the chain tool, unlike others. Maybe I'm lucky, but I've fixed about 8 chains so far, and have nothing bad to say about it. I suppose if I had to nitpick, I could say its a tad heavy, but I really don't notice it in my pack. Everything seems top notch, no complaints.

Cheese Legs   Cross Country Rider [Jul 17, 2009]
Strength:

Everything you need to in one unit. Easy to pack. Easy to find in your pocket. The hook for holding a broken chain, during a repair job, is a nice touch (replaces my old greasy twist-tie).

crank for chain tool is not built well enough.

The strong Alan wrenches are fixed on the hinges, with the chain tool. So, they had to put another metal Alan head on one of the removable, plastic tire irons, for use as the crank for the chain tool. A clever design, but on my last chain repair the plastic couldn't take the torque. Now the metal Alan head spins in the plastic handle. My chain tool is now useless (unless I carry a separate Alan wrench). I will replace the entire multi-tool. I like the features and compact size, but I need a tougher build.

Natedogz   Cross Country Rider [Mar 10, 2009]
Strength:

Compact, versatile, has all the tools to do trail-side repairs.

Kinda heavy, but it's mostly metal....so no way around that.

Great little tool that fits right in my Camelbak and has been used for adjusting all sorts of things (brakes, seats, bars, stems, cranks, pedals, etc.) on my bikes and other peoples' bikes. Resized and repaired several chains with it and no problem...gotta take your time when repairing chains with any chain breaker, especially during chain reassembly. Highly recommend it.

Similar Products Used: Other larger tools out of my toolbox....too big and heavy to put in my Camelbak.
Nick   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2008]
Strength:

Strong construction, useful tools

Plastic sides seem flimsy

Definitely worth picking up for the $25 I paid for it. A well-constructed tool. the chain tool is a major plus.

Similar Products Used: Random tools
will price   Cross Country Rider [Aug 06, 2007]
Strength:

quite strong (although i snapped the tyre leaver but got a new hexus, yay cause mine was scratched badly and dented, hehehehehehe, im a pikie)

the tools are great and they can take a real battering

the tool is really unique and has many features u only learn about after using it for a while

chain tool pin and tyre leavers (if you have very tight tyres considering buying topeaks shuttle leaver 5/5)

the multitool for its price but beware of the chain tool pin (it snaps sumtimes :(.)

Similar Products Used: topeak mini 18
will price   Cross Country Rider [Aug 06, 2007]

the tools are great and they can take a real battering

Similar Products Used: topeak mini 18
Iwan Kemp   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2007]
Strength:

Versatile
Compact
Quality

$$$

Great all-in-one-tool. Ingenious design and top quality. Could be on the expensive side, but is truly top quality and got a deal at my LBS.