Sette Torx ST-26BB-1A Tools

The Sette Torx ST-26BB-1A Cartridge Bottom Bracket Tool fits Shimano cartridge bottom brackets. The Torx ST-26BB-1A also fits ISIS Drive cartridge bottom brackets such as Race Face and FSA that use the 20 tooth spline pattern. Simply insert the Torx ST-26BB-1A into the splined cartridge and either tighten or loosen using a ratchet or a 1.25 wrench.

vk45de   Weekend Warrior [Jan 19, 2011]
Strength:

cheap

there's a stupid pin in the middle - so can't use a skewer to secure it to BB

I can't believe you can screw up the design of a simple bit... how hard do you have to try? Jeez, have the guys at pricepoint read parktools' guides? READ IT! Value is low b/c it's cheap... but there's shipping if I want to buy it - and it doesn't work.

Similar Products Used: uh why would I buy this if I had something else?
big000000   Weekend Warrior [Nov 30, 2009]
Strength:

Cheap and sturdy.

As other posts have side there is a long guide in the middle of the tool that prevents it from going deep enough. I had to mod it with a metal drill bit for 15 minutes to get it to work. Serious DIY style!!!

If you like modding cheap stuff to save 15$ this is a good one.

Ecogeek   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2009]
Strength:

Well, price - *IF* you are prepared to do the extensive modifications necessary to make this work in your own time for free and have all the tools required to do so! Made of butter - yes, in this case it was an advantage for it to be so soft as it allowed the aforementioned mods...

Made of butter. Too big. Stupid pointless pin in middle that not only prevents using a skewer to secure but also and more importantly prevents the tool from fitting a 127mm+ BB at all.

WOW! What a POS. Will not work for 127mm+ BBs without massive mods. May not work on shorter either, but I didn't try. Had to drill out central pin as it bottomed in the crank bolt-holes before the teeth made it to the BB cup. Started drilling w small carbide bit and went up one size at a time. Then used dremel w grinding wheel from other side to remove remnants. Then, the teeth were too large/uneven to fit the notches on the cups, so out came the diamond cutting wheel (on dremel again). Used flat side to slightly taper the teeth on the outer side and one of the two verticals (to narrow them slightly - no need to do both sides.
Then it finally fit and worked ok. But, the cash I saved on this tool was easily lost in wear to other (real) tools (6+ good drill bits, 1 carbide grinding wheel, some wear to diamond wheel), not to mention an hour or so of my life wasted making a POS into an actual 'tool' that can do a job.
In a quirky paradox, luckily, the tool was also made of relatively soft metal (softest I've ever seen for a tool), which made the drilling/grinding/cutting relatively easy - if still tedious/laborious. Obviously, if you want this to remove a tight BB, the softness may cause a disaster.
If you haven't already worked it out, this tool SUCKS beyond belief. Another Sette product whose poor quality greatly outweighs the low price in my opinion. I am noticing a pattern. Hmmm.
I *did* save about $13. But if I didn't have the other tools and/or skills, ingenuity, and/or if I didn't waste my own time in order to avoid messing about with a return, I would have lost the price of this tool plus the shipping on another...
Really, the example I received was so useless before my good work with the drill/dremel, that imo it was verging on daylight robbery to sell it to me with a description containing the words 'bottom bracket' or 'tool'. Absolute crud. AVOID LIKE THE (expletive) PLAGUE! Esp if your BB uses a 127mm+ spindle.

Similar Products Used: Various BB tools, Truvativ, Shimano, Park...
Langdog   Cross Country Rider [Aug 01, 2008]
Strength:

Does the job, fit application perfectly, nicely made tool, it has a shaft pressed in that pilots into the spindle to keep it straight. Half the price of Park Tool's version. Came with another sticker for my toolbox.

It's a must have tool to service, remove or tighten your bottom bracket to remove irritation squeaks. The pilot pin is a nice feature to have, seeing that Park Tool's version recommends using a wheel skewer to do the same job. This tool made the job quick and easy.

Similar Products Used: Park Tool BB-22
Adam   [Nov 02, 2007]
Strength:

It looks like it should work

It doesn't work

It doesn't work. My bottom bracket is a RaceFace ISIS which this product claims to support, but it won't fit over the splines. The inner diameter of the tool is too small. I even tried grinding on the inside of the tool to make it a bit larger, but it still doesn't work. Have to give it up for the guys at Pricepoint though, I told them of the problem and they are sending me another one for free. Let's hope it is a manufacturing problem. I'll update this review when I get the replacement. Until then don't waste your money on this.