Rohloff Revolver 2 Tools

Revolver 2

The Rohloff Revolver 2 is a premium chain riveting tool that works on all 1/2" pitch x 6.65mm-7.5mm wide. This includes BMX, road, mountain, 6,7,8,9,10 speed, etc. The Revolver 2 is the only chain tool that rivets the end of the link pin providing the strongest connection possible.

Fatman   [Jul 01, 2003]

Extremely solid tool. Very valid, ingenious mechansim. Very good and clear instructions. Every single part available as spare. All types of chains from different producers a applicable (with Shimano 9-speed chains, the original Shimano closure bolt is recommendee for use with the Revolver. Else, the regular bolts will do)

I was not decided to buy this tool for nearly two years now, when I first read about the Rohloff Revolver. Since I am no LBS, but only taking care of my own bikes, 100 Euro seemed a lot of money for this type of gadget. I have made up my mind and bought one. I am thoroughly convinced now that the money was well spent. I cannot give evidence yet about the stability of (Rohloff STL99 and Shimano HG90) chains riveted by the Revolver; But I really have much more convidence in the chains now. I did not have much chain trouble in the past, but two occasions of braking chains, clipped in, engaged on a steep hill, where enough to make a point for ultimate stability. Time will tell whether the rumors are right. Else, chain closing has become much less nerve straining with this tool, simply because you can clamp the chain before you close it. The thing looks extremely solid, too. So the price/value relation is o.k. Everybody doing his chains should have one.