Phil Wood Lil’ Phil Grease Gun Tools

Lil’ Phil Grease Gun

-Grease gun for Phil 3oz refill cartridge (PW-2033)

minh   [Oct 17, 2012]
Strength:

it's a grease gun. it's got "Phil" stamped on the handle. comes with a cartridge of Phil Wood Lube.

a $10 Lubrimatic 30-100 grease gun looks identical.

I ordered the "Lil' Phil Grease Gun" from a reputable online retailer. I was expecting the same grease gun shown on the Phil Wood web page. When it arrives it looks... well... like a generic grease gun. It doesn't look nearly as nice as the one on their web page. It does have "Phil" stamped in the handle. I'm guessing they changed suppliers but did not update their web page. It did come with a Phil Wood grease cartridge (worth $9 or so). Here is a link to an individual post where I uploaded some pics:

I know- I should have just bought a generic grease gun (FYI the Lubrimatic 30-100 looks IDENTICAL). I do like tools and some tools while not actually having any more functionality do have some tactile difference in how they feel when used. For example, I used to build wheels with a Minoura Workman Pro but now I use a Park TS 2.2. The Park is a whole different grade of stand. It doesn't build a better a wheel than the Minoura (or even an upside-down fork and a ziptie), it's just much more satisfying to use. That's what I was hoping for when I bought the Lil' Phil Grease Gun. It's very disappointing. But at least it functions like intended. In the end, I paid $30 ($39 minus the $9 worth of grease) for a $10 gun.

OVERALL