Performance Spin Doctor Cone Wrenches Tools

Spin Doctor Cone Wrenches

nate   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2003]
Strength:

cheap, works well enough, has holes drilled for mounting below a bottle cage (i know you care).

i've used my 15/16 maybe half a dozen times on the 15 end and it now has some slight gouging on the wrench flat. it's been used correctly ever time, etc. to be fair, this might be due to imprecise cone flats on a dept store bike or something, which would mess up any cone wrench even if it was better quality, but i do feel that these wrenches get messed up more easily than others.

it's fine if you need cone wrenches as cheaply as possible. however, you always get what you pay for with tools, even something as simple as a cone wrench. these seem more susceptible to getting damaged and they probably won't last forever, and so someday i'll probably replace them with park or zogs, which probably will. also, zog's double-enders are longer, which is nice.

Similar Products Used: various single and double ended conewrenches from park, pedro's, wheels mfg, var, zogs, probably some i'm forgetting...
John   Racer [Nov 02, 2002]
Strength:

Price is great, comfortable non-slip rubber grip handles, peg holes

Lower price than Park and excellent quality, how can you go wrong? They've worked great for my hub rebuilds. I've bought 2 sets for as much as I'd pay for 1 set of the Park tools. Since I don't use them that often, I don't see a need to pay for the professional and more expensive park brand.

Similar Products Used: Park double-ended cone wrenches
Joe   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2003]
Strength:

Do the job, cheaper than Park.

Not as thick, sturdy feeling as Park. Handle is a little uncomfortable.

These cone wrenches have held up very well. I have several bikes that I practice things on before working on my race bike, and they have taken many hubs apart to be cleaned and re-greased successfully. I have read that some less-expensive cone wrenches can bend with use, but I have not had a problem with these, although they are a little thin feeling. Overall, they work well, especially for the home mechanic, where the Park name might be a bonus, but is not required. 5 Chili for value because these do the job for less money. 4 for Overall because the handle is a little skinny.