Park Tool Torque Wrench TW-2 Tools

Park Tool Torque Wrench TW-2 Tools

Park Torque Wrench TW-2

[Dec 11, 2007]
Tim

As a professional mechanic, and a fan of Park Tools, I must say I'm highly disappointed. Sure, this is a quality tool. It's simple and surely accurate, but it's just not worth the price. Go to Sears or your local auto parts store and get one for half the price. Hell, for the same price, you can get a Craftsman "click" type torque wrench calibrated in inch pounds AND newton meters.

[Jun 01, 1999]
Amateur Wrench

Strength:

Reasonably priced and well built.

Gauge hard to read.

Nice wrench for items needing a lot of torque...crank bolts, etc., 0-600 inch pounds. You better have good eyesight to read the gauge. Works great but minus one chili on account of the 20-20 vision requirement to read the gauge. Now I understand why folks love *digital* readouts!

[Apr 27, 2002]
devildog

Strength:

scale is in inch pounds; 0-600 scale

cheap handle
same cheap construction as Sears $19.99 model
no case

The tool is way overpriced for what it is. Construction is on a par with the cheapy $19.99 Sears/Craftsman 0-75 foot pound model, which is also made in the USA. Apparently by the same company in Georgia from the looks of it.

As is typical with everything related to bicycles there are just too many middle men that drives up the price.

Who should buy this? Well if you can't multiply by 12 to convert from foot pounds to inch pounds then buy this one.

If you can multiply by 12 to get inch pounds from foot pounds, or, you can read the newton meter scale(values are usually given in this scale as well for bicycle parts needing torque) buy the inexpensive Sears model for nearly half the price.

For value I give this one chili because it is WAY overpriced for what it is. Overall, I give it two chilis because it is the only one I have found that does give you the 0-600 inch pound scale. For the mathematically challenged you may rate it higher.

I own a lot of Park tools - all of my bicycle specific tools are Park, except for my cable cutters. I think that Park just misses the mark on this particular item. Will I continue to buy Park tools? Absolutely! No one is perfect - not even me :)