Park Tool TL-1 Tire Lever Set Tools

Park Tool TL-1 Tire Lever Set Tools

Packaged in sets of three, the Park Tool Tire Levers are made of glass-injected nylon to ensure long life and damage-free operation.

[May 15, 2012]
Cormac

Strength:

light weight, work fine for mtb tires

not so good for reinstalling tire

I grew up using a regular screwdriver to remove/replace tires/tubes. These are ok for removing mtb tires. They lock around the spokes which is nice, kinda like a third had. When you reinstall the tire you might still need a screwdriver to pry it that last little bit. These look and feel more like a toy than a useable tool. Though since they are light and small you can easily carry them with on a ride with no noticeable weight added.

regular screwdriver

[Apr 11, 2010]
pmac225

Junk

Come on!! I really would expect a company like Park Tools to make a tire lever that actually works. It immediately slips off the bead when trying to remove a tire. I had one Quik Stik that worked great for about 20 years until it finally broke. I have to find where they sell those.

Quik Stik

[Jul 18, 2008]
platyase

Strength:

Nice shade of blue

Does not work on road tires. The tips of these levers bent the first time I used them.

These levers are useless on road tires. I expected much better from Park. I've used many generic tire levers and never had problems with them.

Nashbar tire levers

[Aug 31, 2007]
NateTheGreat

Strength:

This lever really stinks compared to many I have tried.
OK ..most levers are fine for big MTB tires, but on nasty tight road tires these... levers are almost useless.

on nasty road tight tires these levers are almost useless. They do not snap...but bend. However they do not grip very well compared to koolstops and other brands.

They are not very good, for a reputable tool company.

koolstop, english steel, skabs, various nylon types

[Feb 11, 2007]
John

Strength:

A total of 3 levers per pack, Has a hook on the other end to hold onto spokes, Strong and doesn't break when trying to put on a super tight tire.

Doesn't have a longer handle for better/extra leverage.

I still use these levels to this day. I last used these levers in late January 2007 to remove a Michelin Wild Gripper City (26"x1.5") tire from my rear Rolf Dolomite Disk wheel. I'll use them next sometime in late February or early March 2007 just as soon as all the snow and ice have melted to mount an IRC Metro Duro (26"x1.5") tire onto a Sun Rhyno Lite rim (32H) connected via chrome plated brass nipples, DT Swiss Champion 14g spokes, Shimano Deore XT (M756) rear disk hub & a Michelin Transparent Green rim strip.
Bottom Line: The second set of tire levers I own, the only set of tire levers I use or probably will need to use.

Slime Brand of levers.