Park Tool Spoke Wrenches Tools

Park Tool Spoke Wrenches Tools

Park Spoke Wrenches

[May 11, 2014]
superkaos

Strength:

It fits the nipple well.

Black handle is in the way of the spokes.

The tool fits the nipples well. However the black handle hits the spoke so it is impossible to insert in certain positions, or worse, you might get it in, then turn the spoke and then not being able to remove the tool, depending on the angle of the spoke. So the first thing I did was to make a cut in the middle with a dremel tool. Now it seems much better.

[Jun 18, 2008]
IrOn_MaN

Strength:

Works Well
Cheap
Easy To Use

I had to Buy It

It was the cheapest one so i bought it and it worked, what more can i ask for?

[Dec 31, 2001]
Matt

Strength:

Quality construction, will last for 10 lifetimes.

Only grips nipples on 3 sides making it easy to round off nipples if they are the least bit worn.

The construction quality on these is superb however unless you will only be using these wrenches on brand new nipples with only perfect sides, these wrenches will round off the nipples very quickly. I would recommend the Spokey wrenches available at nashbar.com. They will not round off the nipples. You get a good tool for the money but they don't perform as good as they could.

Spokey wrenches, wrenches on my multi-tool

[Aug 18, 2003]
Kevin

Strength:

Price

Design

OK if you are just touching up a few nipples. However, I just built, trued and tensioned a few wheels and my thumb is sore from turning the wrench when the tension gets high. I plan to purchase a DT Swiss nipple wrench which has a large surface area to distribute pressure over large area of thumb. Yea, it costs $50 but you get what you pay for. DT Swiss t/e/n/s/i/o Tensiometer is the best. I returned my Wheelsmith. I can take readings from every spoke on 1 side of the wheel in under a minute and have the exact tension with no guessing.

[Dec 26, 2000]
Mountain Man

Strength:

Park Quality, Colour Coded for Different Sizes, Precision Fit, Good Grip

None, this thing is perfect in all regards

This is a beautiful spoke wrench. A great addition to my basement workshop. Great attention to detail, even little welds and nickel plating for durability. I can't think of anything that could possibly make this thing better. Well, maybe if it were made from titanium.... but that would just make it a dumb chi-chi.
I give it a flamin' 5 chilis, now quit using your mini tool spoke wrench and buy it!

No-name POS from Wal-Mart that I got for free but didn't want

[Nov 22, 2002]
Steve

Strength:

Easy and comfortable to use

I've build and trued a lot of wheels with the black wrench. It's nice and easy to use - it's comfortable, and I've never stripped a nipple - brass or aluminum. And it's light enough to carry on the bike.

various

[Feb 14, 2000]
Russell Seaton

Strength:

Open handle allows you to see spokes easily.

Rounds alloy nipples.

I have a black Park, red Spokey and silver 3 size Park spoke wrench. I only use the Spokey now. The black Park will round off alloy nipples. The Spokey will not slip off and round the nipples. The Park grips only on 3 sides. The Spokey frips all 4 corners. Much better design. The 3 size Park wrench which came in my Park on bike tool kit stays on the bike. It was invaluable when truing the wheels on my new Raleigh mountain bike. For some inexplicable reason Raleigh used a non-DT sized nipple. The 3 size Park worked. The nipples were brass so rounding off was not a concern. Nashbar sells the Spokey for $4.70. Buy one over the Park.

Spokey spoke wrench and Park 3 size spoke wrench.

[Feb 06, 2000]
bikedog

Strength:

park

its a spoke wrenck and its park tool can there be anything with a simpler idea too it. and its only 6 bucks what a great deal.
the truing stand is $150 but thats another review.

lots (topeak, shi, etc.)

[Jun 19, 1999]
Ron
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

light, simple, durable, perfect

I hope Park never decides to change these because they are just perfect the way they are. I've had mine for almost ten years and they are as good as new even though I build and true some of my friends wheels as well as my own.
Thainks Park Tool Co. !

plenty of others that where nowhere near as well designed.

[May 10, 1999]
Merin
Cross-Country Rider

This tool works extremely well and shows no signs of wear. Just don't lose it. It should never be changed.

Topeak - it ate my nipples