Park Tool PCS-10 Repair stand Tools

PCS-10 Repair stand

The perfect way to hold bikes without touching the frame or seat post by supporting the bike from under the bottom bracket and securing the front or rear dropouts.

mfronk1   Racer [Feb 11, 2012]
Strength:

The best thing about the stand is that it is very portable. I take this stand anytime I leave town to ride. It is almost like any other piece of camping equipment that you always bring with you. It takes up little space in the back of my truck and is very functional. It adjusts to any position that you might need and fits all bikes with ease. The clamping surface has a firm rubber interface so you don't scratch your bike and the head can swivel to clamp the top tube, seat post, or where ever you need. At home it can fold up and be stored out of the way which is great because I live in an apartment with no garage.

None really

As a person that constantly tinkers, a stand is a must. This stand offers all the functionality of a more permanent stand in a portable package. It is a great tool to take on any trip and has proven its worth many times over. Plus it can be folded and place out of the way for people with limited room.

bikerider190   Weekend Warrior [Dec 10, 2010]
Strength:

Very easy to set up and take down.The clamps are a "one hand" use. All position set is great.

I have owned and used this stand not only on my own bikes , but also on friends bikes. It performed great in all cases.Tne ability to clamp the bikes and then move them into any desired position to access any part of the bike easily and comfortably makes bike repair a breeze.I have many of my bike riding friends who envy my purchase. I am able to take the stand with me to remote sites to use for "weekend repair" when we are planning weekend trail rides and something goes "amiss". I have done many repairs in the base camp using my bike stand and it makes this job so much easier than when it's on the ground.

Similar Products Used: none
Engralian   Weekend Warrior [Dec 10, 2010]
Strength:

Strong stand and a great quality, no fuss clamp which is easy to use. I would suggest using it at home or in a small one man shop.

One of the collars on the plastic sleeve inserts was split straight out of the box. Does not affect the performance and you cant see it, however it is a bit dissapointing for an otherwise decent product.

The stand makes work a whole lot simpler so buying one is a no brainer. Yes you can get better, but you coud get a whole lot worse.

Great Clamp and solid stand but dissapointing quality on the minor plastics.

A final point to note is the collars that are demonstrated by Park to lock the legs in place do not exist on the stand I have bought? They are held in place by tube lock buttons. Better in my oppinion.

Similar Products Used: Always thought stands were somthing the serious biker used so never bothered utill now. Must be getting old!
john1970   Weekend Warrior [Mar 28, 2010]
Strength:

None. I was very disappointed in the build quality of this workstand. Plastic parts were defective out of the box. Luckily REI has a no questions asked return policy.

1) Plastic parts are defective
2) Heavy
3) Ackward to fold up

The Park PCS-10 Repair Stand is one I would pass over. For $30 more the Feedback Pro is a much better stand and comes standard with a 3 year warranty.

Similar Products Used: I returned the park stand for a Feedback Pro Ultralight stand which is much better IMO.
strglide   Cross Country Rider [Mar 17, 2009]
Strength:

The Park PCS-10 is sturdy, secure, and well made. It's easy to set up and fold for storage. The stand is adjustable without tools and the quick release clamps are convenient while holding the bike with one hand. Excellent value for a home use stand.

None so far.

If you need a work stand this is a good choice. If you're looking at the PCS-9, spend the extra money to get the PCS-10. The quick release clamp will be worth it. I wouldn't want to have to work a screw type clamp with one hand while holding the bike with the other.

Similar Products Used: None. I sure wish I had bought this sooner!
Forest   Weekend Warrior [Dec 24, 2008]
Strength:

Sturdy and light enough to move easily

This is a great stand, light and strong and clamp is very nice. Blue color is cool.

Paul Wilson   [May 23, 2008]
Strength:

I found the PCS 10 to be relatively easy to set up and tear down. I wouldn't say the unit weighs a ton or anything, but being as it's made from pretty sturdy materials, it's heavy enough. I believe Park Tool makes a lighter "race" version, but I went with the "home" version instead.

Setting up the stand is just as uncomplicated as the short and sweet video demonstration Park Tool has on their web-site. It truly takes less than a minute to completely set up the stand, and just mere seconds to attach your bike.

I attach my bike by the seat-post using the cam-styled clamp, but you can just as easily secure your bike by a frame crossmember. The head of the unit swivels and is very easy to adjust. I find it easy to reposition the bike while it's on the stand, and haven't had any issue with the stand being tippy at all. In fact, I find the stand's design makes it more stable, and less trip-over prone than some of the typical tri-pod stands I'd seen. As an amateur photographer and astronomer, tripping over tri-pods has been a peeve of mine for decades.

As for fit and finish, I'm impressed. The unit looks very well made and well thought out. It has an attractive finish and looks sharp in my little, backyard, bike shop.

The only problem I had, was the first time I set it up I pinched a finger between a leg and the base. ID10T on my part there, and it hasn't happened since. However; but I warn my kids about it when they use it.

The bottom line for me is... Money VERY well spent.

As most mid-high end bikes don't have kick-stands, cleaning and maintaining my bikes has always been a struggle in that I was always having to lean my bike against something to work on it, I had to either bend or crouch to get at the lower components, or, I had to turn the bike around to work on the other side. With the PCS 10, getting the bike up to eye level, having access to both sides of the bike and being able to freely rotate the tires has made taking good care of our bikes that much easier.

I'd strongly suggest everyone who has a sizeable investment in their bikes, likes to tinker, or simply wants to keep their bike clean go out and get a bike stand... even if it's not the PCS 10. You'll be happy you did.

Similar Products Used: None that I've owned, but over the past year, I've looked at a few that were set up in local shops.