KING CAGE King Cage Tire Levers Tools

King Cage Tire Levers

While we prefer to take our clincher tires on and off by hand, there are those who need tire levers. For those who have the need, these levers are probably the coolest levers around and are definitely the lightest metal tire levers ever designed -- the lightest levers that actually work. They're made from 3/2.5 titanium tubes, the same stock that the King Cage titanium cages come from. They can pull off almost any tire, though it might break with a DH tire and a tight-fitting rim. Likewise, take care with featherweight rims, as the titanium is probably stronger than the aluminum alloy. 8g/pr.

Kevin   [Jul 16, 2013]
Strength:

Light

Marred wheel rim.

Tool deformed on first use.

Hook too shallow to grab bead.

I was so excited to receive these handmade-in-the-USA ultralight Ti levers. The day they came in the mail I deflated my tires just for the chance to put my new tools to use only to be disappointed. The levers were too shallow to hook the bead, and after a few seconds of trying I noticed a gouge on my rim forming and that the hollow lever had begun to deform. I am extremely dissatisfied.

OVERALL