Feedback Sports Sport-Mechanic Stand Tools

Feedback Sports Sport-Mechanic Stand Tools

Ride your new bike long enough and at some point you'll likely develop a curiosity for how to fix it. But if you've ever tried to repair or maintain your bike while it leans against a wall, you know how frustrating it can be. A reliable work stand is the foundation of any home repair station, and the Feedback Sports Sport-Mechanic Work Stand offers aspiring home mechanics a durable blend of function and value.With a dependable tripod leg configuration that holds up to 65 pounds, the Sport-Mechanic Work Stand remains stable on flat or uneven surfaces thanks to grip-enhancing two-point contact rubber foot caps and has an adjustable work height of 42 to 65 inches. The Feedback Sports Sport-Mechanic Work Stand features a durable spinner-knob clamp that securely holds the bike in position. Feedback Sports integrated a clutch into the assembly that allows for 360 degree rotation without re-adjusting the bike. It also folds down easily into a compact unit weighing only 12.6 pounds. Stash it in a closet, in the corner of your garage, or even in the trunk of your car for race days and group rides -- it?s road-worthy and easy to set-up and tear-down without tools.

[Jul 29, 2014]
bvibert
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Solid
Stable
Easy to use
Folds up small for storage/transport

Can be difficult to lock down the rotation knob

This is a great stand for the money. The only complaint I have with it is that it can be difficult to get the rotation knob tight enough to keep the bike from rotating, particularly if you want to have the front wheel higher than the back. I almost never need the bike rotated like that so it's not a huge deal. I made a simple tool out of an old seat post and some bolts to give myself more leverage on the knob, for when I really need to lock it down.

I'd love to have the pro-elite model with the quick release clamp, but in reality the spinner on this model works just fine and only takes a few seconds more to operate.

[Jul 11, 2014]
Skelldify
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Folds up compactly, Lower priced than most competitors

Flexy and Unstable

I bought this bike stand without doing a ton of research, but my LBS recommended it. (I think they were thinking of the Pro model.) It also got really good reviews on mtbr. However, I'm really confused by the other reviews, because I'm not real thrilled with this thing. Maybe other people are using it for road bikes????

This stand is really unstable. I have to be careful how I mount my bike (Intense Carbine) in the stand or it might tip over. Mounting the bike in anything other than the horizontal position is a ridiculous thought. It's also really flexy and I need to take my bike out of the stand if I have to crank hard on anything.

The website says "The solid tripod configuration holds up to 65lbs on flat or uneven surfaces." I call BS. It miiight hold a 65lb block, but not a 65lb bicycle. It barely holds my 30lb bike on a perfectly flat garage floor!

It's PITA to hold the bike up and tighten the clamp at the same time. And sometimes the clamp doesn't tighten correctly, and you stand there spinning it while your shoulder freaks out cause you're trying to hold the bike up with the seat tube perfectly vertical.

It does fold up really nice for traveling.

It'd be nice if it held the bike higher. I sit on a 5-gallon bucket to do most of the drivetrain work, and it'd be nice to stand.

All that being said, it was the lowest-priced of the "decent" stands. In the future I'd pay extra for a more stable one, but I haven't been frustrated enough to return it, yet...

[Dec 04, 2011]
cdn-dave

Strength:

- great range in height, possible to adjust derailleurs without having to crouch down
- great clamping range, can clamp from fatty alu downtubes to skinny seatposts
- very stable, possible to clamp pretty much anywhere on the bike and rotate it to any position
- great customer support, the plastic height adjust clamp cracked but got replaced promptly from the distributor here in Germany

- plastic height adjust clamp needed to be replaced, but I did get it no-charge =)
- wide footprint makes it stable, but I tend to kick it walking around the bike
- rotate clamp has a rather big diameter, which could make it difficult for small girly hands to grasp and firmly tighten

Great stand and great customer service, used it for over 5 years now. I like it enough to splurge for the corresponding tool tray and the truing stand too!

- home-brew ghetto stand

[Mar 08, 2011]
papatini

Strength:

Sturdy build. Lightweight. Easy controls. Excellent adjust-ability.

Bike spins a little, but only a little.

Excellent value. Was able to compare to the Pro Elite, which was very nice. But I opted to save $90. Very light and compact when collapsed. Very stable and secure when deployed.
I wanted to compare with the Park PRS-10, but it was not in stock that day. I have no regrets!

Park PRS-8

[Feb 19, 2011]
Carraig042

Strength:

I looked at many different stands that cost less than $150 including Park Tool, Sette, and others. This was actually the last one I found, but liked it the most for several reasons.
-The tripod base: The tripod base is much more stable than the type with only two legs. This thing has a huge footprint, keeping it very stable.
-Adjust-ability: Has a wide range of heights you can choose from; from down low all the way the where the bottom bracket sits up to chest height.
-Quality design: The overall design is quality built. From the thick aluminum tubes to the heavy duty screw type clamp. It feels very solid and will be able to take some good wrenching. I feels as though it will have not problem holding the bike still even for bottom bracket bearing service/removal.
-Looks great: I know it is just black, but for some reason this stand is visually attractive to me.
-Ease of use: This stand is real easy to unfold and get upright and ready for the bike. Once up the clamp collars hold everything in place. It fold up relatively small, but it is actually bigger than what the picture lead me to believe. (the bike stand in general)

None I can think of.

I have been looking at many different bike repair stands for 6 months now. I wanted to be able to easily work on my bike without setting it upside down to work on it. This was my answer.

I have heard, and noticed, on the lower end park stands, the clamps are sub-par, The clamp on this one however is very nice and heavy duty was built in. The clamp easily adjust to my seat tube and holds the bike with a death grip without marring the finish. I think this stand will have a long life, supported by a good company.

[Oct 09, 2010]
svbackstreets

Strength:

You can put your bike in ANY position. Having your brake or deraileur chest high at the angle you want makes working on a bike much more pleasurable.

I took advantage of a 20% off coupon to purcahse this at REI.

Bottom Line: If you work on your bikes you owe yourself the added efficiency and comfort of a good stand. Your wife will appreciate all the money you save by doing your own repairs.

Actually none. Wall hangers hooks from the ceiling.

[Jul 20, 2010]
BurnNotice

Strength:

Very wide platform; large tubular frame; easy to manipulate; easy to fold up.

The stand comes assembled! How much better than that! This stand is very sturdy and quite robust to say the least. The clamp mechanism works great and never mars your bike frame. The versatility to clamp your bike at different points on the frame are great too. I have seen stands that cost twice as much not as sturdy or have the basics this stand does. If you need a very nice stand and wish not to invest $300 then buy this stand. Metal on metal with this and not some chintsy plastic crap on the clamp parts. You can't go wrong!

Spin Doctor repair stand

[Jan 10, 2010]
Jeffman

Strength:

Great build, rock solid, easy setup (3.47 seconds)

none yet

this is the one to buy

shop stands

[Oct 23, 2009]
gunsmokeismydogsname

Strength:

Massive construction. Rock solid.

This is one massive stand. Looks far larger in person then in pictures on the web. This could hold my Yamaha YZ426 if the motorcycle had a seat stem. This was recommended to me, and I would recommend to anybody else needing a stand at a resonable price.

Rope hanging from a nail

[Aug 23, 2008]
mtbnachos

Strength:

Portable, versatility, stable!

A bit heavy, no bag included

Goodbye Performance, hello Ultimate! I don't have to crouch anymore to maintain my bike. This stand is incredibly stable. This is a must for avid cyclists who maintain their rides regularly. Great value for what it can do. Adjust height, arm, and jaw positioning. Wish there was a travel bag with it. It can hold my 26 and 29ers w/ ease.

Spin Doctor Work Stand