Feedback Sports BRS 70 ECONO Tools

BRS 70 ECONO

This sturdy, tripod-based bicycle repair stand offers height adjustment so you don't have to constantly bend over while wrenching. Tripod base holds the stand steady on all surfaces, yet folds into a small 6-1/2" x 42" portable package. Spinner clamp applies fast, secure clamping force on your tube while maintaining a soft touch that protects thin walled tubes from damage. Clamp folds down and locks for storage. Clutch allows 360-degree rotation of the bike during repair. Sets up in a mere 15 seconds. Clamp height ranges from 40" to 67" and fits tubes measuring between 3/4" to 1-1/2" with a load capacity of 60 pounds.

seeker   Cross Country Rider [Aug 28, 2009]
Strength:

good value when it works

rendered nearly useless by crappy plastic clamp

This is good stand until the cheap height adjusting clamp breaks.

Then it's only slightly better than the old upside-down-on-carpeting method.

It's a shame that a >$100 stand is rendered junk by a $3 clamp.

Similar Products Used: upside down on a free carpet swatch for 20 years

Casp   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 2003]
Strength:

Stable Platform. Heavy-Duty Construction. Compact & Portable. Easy Setup. Adjustable Height. 360 Degree Rotation.

None. Best of the bunch.

I have tried everything from using a cheap bike stand to leaning the bike against the wall to flipping the bike upside down. In almost every situation, I only have one hand free to do any real work. Having the bike securely mounted on the repair stand makes a world of a difference. The stand is adjustable from 40 to 67 inches high. You can have the drivetrain at about eye level instead of bending over and working on it about 12 inches from the floor. Extremely compact and portable. Looks like a camera tripod on steroids. The twist locking knobs is a little tedious if you setup and fold the stand often. Otherwise it's no big deal. If you're really that lazy, then get the Pro version for an extra $60 bucks. That one have the quick release levers and comes with a free carry bag($20 value). If you like to work on your bike you'll need a good work stand. Get this one and you won't be disappointed. Good luck to all you bike techs!!!

Similar Products Used: Bike stand. Flip bike upsidedown.
Brian   Cross Country Rider [Feb 05, 2007]
Strength:

Note: the model I have is the BRS-70B Deluxe Consumer Repair Stand. I think they dropped the "Econo".
I like the swivel knob adjuster. The overall design seems good, but...

the material quality is lacking. The height adjustment collar broke after just a few uses. I emailed and filled out the online forms that Ultimate has. Before I could get a replacement I was required to produce the receipt. Since I had been in the middle of a move, it took a few months before I found it. Now the part is on backorder and I'm still waiting.

I'd be hesitant to buy a stand w/ a plastic clamp again. For the price I paid I expected something a little more robust, and more responsive customer service would have been nice. Since they ran out of replacent parts I'd guess that its a common problem for this stand. I am a little annoyed that I was required to provide the receipt, and that there was no follow up. Back up the product.

Similar Products Used: none
Bjorndoggie Cruiser   Weekend Warrior [Dec 23, 2003]
Strength:

Sturdy, holds the bike well and stable.

When the bike is clamped in the horizontal bar kind of droops down.

I don't know if this is a common thing or it's just my stand but while the stand is sturdy and stable, it holds my bikes at an odd angle. Whether the bike is clamped on the seatpost or the top tube the top of the bike is held out farther than the bottom. So I checked the clamping arm with a level and sure enough it slopes toward the ground. It is only slightly annoying and I usually put a block of wood under one leg to get it righted but others may find it more than annoying. I don't know if other stands do this as I don't have any experience with other types. I still like the stand. It does the job and was inexpensive.

Similar Products Used: None.
Bob   Cross Country Rider [Mar 09, 2002]
Strength:

Everything works exactly as advertised

I used Ultimate equipment for years as a road musician and was never disappointed by either their products or their customer service.
If you want a little more solid base, get the pro model, but I've been using mine for 2 years to do all the repair and maintence on four bikes and have done nothing outide of a squirt of oil on all of the moving parts every 6 months or so. This stand is a "home run".

Similar Products Used: Minoura
Richard   Cross Country Rider [Feb 03, 2002]
Strength:

Height adjustable for the money! Sets up in 10 seconds.
Folds smaller than any other brand. Clamping system is quick and easy. Stable.

Gotta keep spinning the clamping knob (not a big deal though.) Gotta stradle a leg while working on your bike

The bottom line is this is the best height-adjustable stand for the money(i've researched it a lot!)I've had a friends Park stand all summer, and was real frustrated how I had to keep adjusting the clamp for different bikes and bending over. With my Ultimate I can just spin it until it snugs the seatpost.

Fully extended, the stand is a little flexy, but then again it offers height adjustability which no other stand has at this price. I also thought about getting the pro stand, but its hard to pay that much more and i'm on a tight budget. If you are tall, don't like working on your bike hunched over, and want to spend as little as possible on a repair stand - get this one.

I don't know where/how the others below got their stands so cheap, but snatch one up real quick if you see one on sale.

An excellent product!

Similar Products Used: Park PCS1, Minoura
Wayne Ruemmele   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2002]
Strength:

foldable! lightweight, stable, durable black annodizing matches my bike!

the spinner clamp isn't as good as a Park

This is a great workstand. Yeah it isn't as stable as the one at the shop- but you only notice that when trying to get pedals off. Besides, you can take it with you and rebuild your bike while camping at the trail head! If you watch Performance they sometimes drop to around 109- grab one then.

Similar Products Used: Park Professional stand, Minoura
jonathan mitchell   [Jan 22, 2002]
Strength:

Well designed and built, TALL, very solid for an entry level stand

A little flexy at full extension

I just got this stand about a week ago, and have already used it to repair many bikes. If you want more stiffness, go with the pro, I hear its a bit more solid. However, for the price, I haven't seen anything that even comes close.
A major plus is that the guys at Ultimate are a pleasure to deal with.

Similar Products Used: Park stands
ramilcp   Weekend Warrior [Nov 05, 2006]
Strength:

Holds bikes secure and stable; at any angle and height I want.

The height adjustment collar gives out and I have to tighten the collar more and more.

Although it doesn't set up or adjust as quickly as the Pro model, it serves me well for the repairs, adjustments, and builds that I do at home. A year into my use, the height adjustment collar started getting looser, causing me to tighten the clamp more and more. A quick check on the Internet told me that this was a common problem with early models of this stand. I contact the Ultimate Rep who frequents the MTBR forums about this problem and he sent out a replacement collar right away. Good as new! Great stand for the money with good customer support.

Similar Products Used: None
Bjorndoggie Cruiser   Weekend Warrior [Jan 20, 2004]
Strength:

Sturdy, stable, great customer service, good price, clamp works great and it looks good. Just about everything you could ask for in a repair stand. Did I mention customer service?

After a seemlessly efficient experience with customer service, none!

Well, I can tell you first hand that Ultimate Bicycle Support is a great company! I was having a small issue with my stand (otherwise a great stand) and a sent an email to customer support. I was contacted by Brett Rosenbauer, Customer Support Manager, and we discussed the issue at length. He even pulled a stand out and put his bike on it to visulize what I was describing. Well, he apologized for what apperently is a small defect in my stand and immediately arranged a warrenty exchange of my stand. I now have my new stand and it works great! I love the stand, it was one of my best purchases. Thanks again Brett!

Similar Products Used: My first (and probably last) repair stand.