CTS Bushing Tool Tools

Bushing Tool

CTS has introduced a bushing removal/installation tool that makes bushing replacement a snap, no hammers, vise or 10mm socket required, just a 6mm Allen key. In some cases the shock doesn’t have to be removed from the bike, just unbolted and moved into a location to where bushing can be accessed by tool. However in most applications, shock will have to be removed. Either way with our tool bushing replacement is by far easier than current methods.

Chad   Downhiller [Mar 28, 2006]
Strength:

Very easy to use. Flawless performance. Will not damage shock.

None.

If you put a lot of miles on your full suspension rig, do yourself a favor and buy one of these tools. It is incredibly easy to use. a must have for the core rider. it belongs in your tool box.

Similar Products Used: Bench Vice and Socket method.
Alon Bout   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2007]
Strength:

Not exactly sure. Since CTS does not answer phone or return calls.

The company won't get back to its customers. I've called 4 times.

Would love to use this tool because I go through bushings so often. Have tried ordering and the company will not get back to me. Left four messages and still no answer. Not sure if I want to do business with a company like that.

Similar Products Used: Pliers and elbow grease.
Eric   Cross Country Rider [Dec 17, 2007]
Strength:

Product works great and as advertised.

Ok, I've had this product for a couple of years and it works great. The biggest issue I have with them is the company is COMPLETELY unresponsive. Good luck trying to get an email or voice mail returned!!!!!

When I initially purchased my tool, it was quick and easy with a good turnaround. I was able to get extra du bushings from them. Well, I've been trying to get the DU bushing remover for a manitou (already have the fox) from them for almost a year. Not ONCE have they answered an email or a call with periodic attempts on my part. A buddy was looking to buy their new VPP hardware with the grease ports and he never heard back from them either, so he just got his hardware from Santa Cruz. As a result, I would NOT recommend doing business with these folks. Too bad, really, as it's a great tool for the DIY person. I'm guessing they're not in business any longer.....

Can't recommend these folks due to their lack of response to customer questions and/or desire to purchase from them.

Roland   Weekend Warrior [Jan 18, 2006]
Strength:

Easy to use, well designed, quality tool

This tool saves a lot of time and frustration. It is definitely a good purchase if you want to replace shock bushings yourself. I used the old sockets-and-vice method previously but it's hard to start the bushing straight and is easy to damage the parts that way. With the CTS tool the bushing goes in dead straight every time.

Similar Products Used: Homemade using sockets and a vice
JAT   Cross Country Rider [Aug 21, 2006]
Strength:

Very quick and painless

Expensive...

Part of me hated buying this tool because I've found plenty of posts that show how to pop the bushings out using a simple setup that you can create yourself. However, I don't have the much time now to muck around fixing bikes, and this tool makes replacing the DU insert on my Fox shocks rediculously simple - in the end its a no-brainer. I definitely recommend the tool from CTS, and I'd also recommend ordering a bunch of inserts from them while you are at it (just check out how much S/H from Fox is alone if you aren't convinced).

Similar Products Used: None
Mark   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2005]
Strength:

machined insert that beats any combination of scockets.
Will pay for its self many time over when comparied to the LBS's costs to do the same job. LBS in my area wanted $35.00-40.00 to do a job that takes ~$6.00 in parts and takes 5-10 mins

none, unless you like to pay a ton to have your bike worked on...

This is a must have tool if you ride/own a VPP bike with a FOX shock or if your bike needs the DU bushings on the shock replaced.
The first time that I had to repair my DU bush on the Blur I spent 30-45min inprovising a press with sockets and bolt-nut-washers combination. This worked but only after a lot of frustration.
The press on the CTS to fits the bushing perfectly and presses out the bushing from the shocks eyelet smooth as butter.
I have also used

Similar Products Used: cobbled togeather, homemade press with sockets and bolt/nut
Jerry   Weekend Warrior [Sep 14, 2007]
Strength:

Don't know???????????????????????????

Don't know?????????????????????????????

This review is for the company and not the product. I've been trying to contact this company for a week. They have a answering machine pick up and identify the company. They tell you to leave a detailed message, and they'll get back to you!!!! I left no less than 7 messages and 2 emails. The last review was posted in Feb 07, so here we are 7 months later and the same problem. If you're no longer in business, turn the anwering machine off and disable your website!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: None
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 2004]
Strength:

Works!!! Amazingly simple....no other tool needed other than a 6mm allen head...

ZERO

This thing works!! Needed to remove the DU bushing from my Fox Float AVA R....it took all of five minutes to get the old one out and the new one in...local bike shops wanted between $20 and $30 to do the work...the tool paid for itself in the first use. Thanks CTS for making such a great tool that makes changing the DU bushing a breeze...only problem...only got to finish 1/2 a beer doing the work!!!!

Similar Products Used: Nothing Compares
Nate   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2004]
Strength:

Easy to use. Works just as you would expect it to and then some. Worth the price.

Nada!

After calling every bike shop in my area and finding out no one carried a bushing removal tool nor bushings for my rear Fox Float I called up CTS and talked to Dina and Ray -- really helpful and nice (ask Dina to play Beastie Boy's "Brass Monkey" for you.) Shops out of my area were going to charge me more for bushings and labor than the cost of 4 new bushings and the tool from CTS! When you add this tool to your collection go ahead and order half a dozen bushings while you're at it as they're less than $3 a piece. When you feel play in your rear suspension it's probably the bushings. It's going to be a whole lot cheaper buying the tool and bushings than what you're going pay once the problem gets worse.
The first time I had my lower eyelet bushing removed and replaced in 5 minutes. Once the new bushing is in, use the tool to push the reducers in straight. Hey, if the price is what's holding you back, charge your buddies a few bucks each time they use your tool because they're not going to find it anywhere else.