Crank Brothers Multi-19 Tools

weight - 175g length - 3.5" / 89mm frame - 6061-T6 aluminum tools - 6051 high tensile steel chain tool - 8/9/10 speed compatible spoke wrench - #1, 2, 3, 4 hex wrenches - #2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 screwdrivers - phillips, flat open wrench - 8mm, 10mm torx - t-25 / t-10 carrying case - stainless and polymer warranty - lifetime

mello151   Weekend Warrior [Dec 06, 2011]
Strength:

All the right tools, good construction, fairly compact

Lid to case wont' stay on.

This tool always has the tool I need. It also fits nicely in my small CamelBak. I forget that it's even there until I need it. I even use it for stuff at home sometimes since it's usually easier to get to as opposed to searching out the right size hex bit in the tool box.

Similar Products Used: Leathermans...
akamarcus   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2011]
Strength:

Solid tool, no frills, no plastic.

Case doesn't serve much purpose, and the cover is difficult to get off without a tool.

Very strong, well built and assembled. Has basically every tool you'll need for field repairs. No plastic.

Joltin' Joe   Cross Country Rider [Mar 30, 2011]
Strength:

Great all around trail unit. Have not been disappointed with this product. Crank Bros. make sturdy, reliable, efficient tools.

When you're thirty miles out, the rain is coming down in buckets & a 5' drop has caused a bit of mayhem with your filly, you'll be relieved that you brought along the Multi-19.

Similar Products Used: Topeak
Splnkr   Cross Country Rider [Aug 30, 2009]
Strength:

Lifetime warranty. Stainless steel components (some) and this really cool carry case thingy.

A tad heavy, but so is everything else I carry (including the kitchen sink).

This is my third bike tool. Lost the first one. Second one rusted up really quick. I bought the Crank Bros 19 on a whim. Like the metal carry case. Advantage: keeps the tool from rubbing holes in your saddle bag or Camel Back (like my Park Tool did). Sure, it adds weight but I don't care. The Crank does not include tire tools (like the aforementioned) but not a deal breaker for me. The 19 does have a lot of tools (some not afforded on the Park Tool), not to mention spoke wrenches. Plus neat chain tool. I have oiled this one up to prevent rusting and the carry case fits perfect in my Camel or saddle bag. So far, I like, and a lifetime warranty to boot. Everything I expect in a bike tool, and the nice case is a deal maker.

Similar Products Used: Rock from trail. Topeak Hexusâ„¢ 16, black (lost it on the trail); Park Tool I-Beam Mini Fold-Up with Chain Tool (started to rust withing two weeks of carry in my Camel Back).
itmagic   Weekend Warrior [Oct 25, 2008]
Strength:

Fairly light, great for having on the bike.

None.

Nice, sturdy toolkit to put in your bike pack. I've had it for a few weeks and already used it several times on my bike and a friend's bike on the road with great success.

Call_me_Al   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2008]
Strength:

Light, slim shape fits easily into a pocket.
Lots of tools.
It is wide enough to get very good leverage.
Very strong... I doubt I will ever manage to break this thing.

The slim, wide shape that makes it easy to carry in a pocket also makes it a bit tough to use in tight spaces.
Mine developed a little rust on some of the individual tools... from my sweat maybe?

A great tool to have with you on the trail. It fits easily into a pocket or camelbak. With it, you can fix just about any mechanical issue. It even has a spoke wrench, although I've never tried that. Overall, this is an excellent tool.

Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Jul 06, 2007]
Strength:

Best chain breaker, carrying case, feels like quality,

Most expensive multi tool I could find.

Get this if you are sick of buying the cheapest tools, they always seemn so clumsy and fragile to use.

Similar Products Used: Park tools, Ice tools
Biker   Weekend Warrior [Apr 18, 2007]
Strength:

The best spoke wrench you'll find on a pocket multitool. You don't need another spoke wrench. For some reason the chain tool works loads better than my Park multitool.

Not that they could help it in a 19-piece tool, but its a bit bulky to turn in tight spaces compared to others. But like most tools it swivels so it has never bothered me.

I live in the middle of nowhere so the bike shops here are a complete joke. I went to the only three places around that sell bikes and none had a spoke wrench of any kind. Even though they had some 3000 dollar bikes (sad world we live in eh?). I came back not knowing how I would finish my wheel, and grabbed the spoke wrench on my new multitool. Surprise, it worked perfectly. My last multitool had a completely useless spoke wrench. Apparently this is well designed and it comes with a tin as well so it doesn't get ski wax all over it in the winter. Looks like I'll have to get their pedals. Great tool.

Similar Products Used: Park I-beam, 6 houses worth of carpentry tools and then some.
Derek Knight   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2006]
Strength:

Everything you need on the trail.

It might be a little pricey compared to others. But I still think it's worth it.

It's very nice to have such a good tool with you while out on a ride for those small adjustment or even helping out a fellow rider. It's compact size and variety of tools is perfect to take along for the ride.