Blackburn Workhorse Deluxe Workstand Tools

Workhorse Deluxe Workstand

Barry Bennett   Weekend Warrior [Jul 18, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight, mobile - legs unscrew and it fits in a folding camping chair bag. Love the trueing stand. Adjustable to fit any bike.

Easily knocked over, Set screws can fall off and get lost if you don't remember to keep them tight.

I have a hobby bikeshop in my garage and service around 100 bikes a year. I use this as a mobile unit whenever the opportunity arrises and it serves as my only truing stand.

OVERALL
Chucko   Weekend Warrior [Aug 30, 2006]
Strength:

Very portable - packs compactly. Small footprint. Places bike at a convenient height for drivetrain work.

Somewhat awkward to mount bike on stand - you really need 3 hands. Truing stand is too flexible, awkward to use with tires mounted. Stand is tippy if bike is mounted without front tire on truing stand.

I've had this thing for a few years. It remains my only truing stand. The fact that it packs into itself is important in my crowded garage. If you're doing a lot of wheel truing, I'd suggest something a little more solid. But overall for general purpose bike maintenance, this unit is a great value.

OVERALL