Blackburn WH2 Workstand Tools

Blackburn WH2 Workstand

C Miller   weekend warrior [Jul 12, 1997]

Incredibly compact and lightweight. Pretty stable, but not the best. What else can you expect from a 7.5 lb stand. Quick to set up and use. Good, inexpensive alternative to other traditional stands. Well made. Only problem is that you can't true a wheel unless you weight down the stand with a bike or toolbox or something (otherwise it tips over). Great value.

CharlieUSA   racer [Jan 30, 1998]

I have to agree with everyone else. Not a bad product for the price but its one of those things where you wished you would have saved your money and bought something better. I guess you get what you pay for. I think if you call the truing stand a truing stand youre a liar. Cant be used. It is pretty stable and for general drive train maintainance and assorted otehr minor repairs, its not bad.I got suckered for 50 bucks, dont you get sucked..

Buritto Bob   cross-country rider [Jan 09, 1998]

The WH-2, at $50 is a deal, but it does have its flaws:
- you can't work on the fork, or adjust the front brakes. Some of my bikes
still have cantilevers (and you know what a pain those are to dial in).
- the truing stand is useless for the wider rear wheel.But it is light, very portable, and pretty cheap. If you've got the bucks,
save it and buy better stands (work stand, and a truing stand).

Chucko   weekend warrior [Oct 08, 1997]

I bought the WH-2 on sale for $50. It's my only repair stand to date.Pros: Price! Light weight, and everything (except the tool tray) can be stuffed inside the beam for transport. Puts the drivetrain at a reasonably convenient height. Truing stand included.Cons: It's a little awkward to use, and if you're not careful you can knock the whole works over. The truing stand is too flexible for precision work, and the cheesy plastic thumbscrews it uses for pointers have too much slop.On the whole I'm still happy with it, especially for $50, but I think I will eventually get one of the Park professional stands.

Lee   weekend warrior [Aug 26, 1997]

Blackburn WH-1, WH-2 Workhorse workstands. The WH-2 includes the WH-1 and
adds a truing stand attachment, a shelf, a carry bag, and a tool bag. Prices:
WH-1 is $80 normally, saw one for $40 on sale; WH-2 is >$100 normally, bought
one for $50 on sale (note that the cheapest truing stand costs nearly that
much; I bought it mainly for the truing stand). It is not as stable as the
large clamp type stands, but does an adequate job. It clamps the fork and holds
the bike up on its bottom bracket. This means one must remove the front wheel
to put it on the stand, and repairs that involve removing the headset or fork,
or adjusting the front brakes, are not doable on this stand. Easy portability.
A good deal at $50 for the WH-2, but not a good deal at regular price.

crazyrussian   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2001]
Strength:

* Cheap
* Folsds

* Cheap quality
* Not stable
* No height adjustment, quite short
* Clamp breaks!

Everything about this product is cheam in every meaning of this word. Good buy for some really basic tuning if you want to get you bike off the ground. The clamp is about to brake, and won't hold tight on the seat post. Read below review, follow suggestion - save and buy $200 park stand! This was review for WS2. I wouldn't buy it again.

Similar Products Used: floor :o)
Derek Wyatt   Weekend Warrior [Aug 19, 2001]
Strength:

Price... if you've bought the bike, upgraded the pedals and the crank, bought a new seat, got a new rack, etc etc... the last thing you want to do is spend more money. I actually find it rather stable and it seems to be pretty cool.

I'm not convinced that the clamp is going to hold up over time.

I'm glad i got this product. I think it will do me for quite a while. Even if it doesn't, given what is available up here and how much we have to pay for stuff canada, i think it's a great buy.