Blackburn TP4 Trakpump Tools

TP4 Trakpump

chet jaynes   Racer [Sep 12, 2002]
Strength:

solid body

twist head difficult to use. Hose broke at base after 2 years of normal use. Twist head came apart after 2 years of use.

I have been pretty unhappy with it. The pumping motion is not as fluid as my 20 year old Silca, and the hose and head have both failed me. I bought it because after years of abuse, my Silca failed me. But, I was able to repair the Silca, so the Blackburn is headed for the closet.

Similar Products Used: Silca floor pump.
Michael   cross-country rider [Dec 30, 1998]

I just graduated from a TP2 and there's no comparison.This pump blows(does not suck).Functions great.Big gauge at top,xlnt dual valve head,positive lockdown and easy release of valves and good balance.Splurge,it's worth the big bucks and has a lifetime gaurantee.

Brian   Cross Country Rider [May 21, 2002]
Strength:

Good solid pump.
Metal pump body will last forever.
Lifetime warranty.
Gauge is accurate and easy to read.
Quickly pumps high volume of air.
Dual sided pump head works with both Schrader and Presta without compromising on either.
Great customer service.

Only minor nits:
Takes two hands to attach and twist pump head to valve stem. Don't know of any pumps that don't have this problem.

The hose clip for attaching the hose to itself for storage is a little cumbersome and leaves the pump head dangling.

This really is a great pump that works really well.

What inspired me to write this review was the quality of their customer service. Recently rubber gaskets in the pump head wore out causing the pump to not fully depress presta valves making inflation difficult. I contacted Bell Sports customer support via e-mail (http://www.bellsports.com/main/about/contact.html) and they responded within 24 hours telling me that they would immediately send me a free repair kit. All companies should have such good service!!