Aireon Complete Tool Kit Tools

Complete Tool Kit

tim fisher   Cross Country Rider [Oct 19, 2002]

I had qualms about quality but the tools are well made, well made enough anyway. If you need any three of the tools you've already paid for the whole set so it is quite a deal. Minor gripe: when using the bb removal tool (in tandem with the crank wrench) the handle is so far from the bike it can be hard to keep from slipping out of the cup. I had to lock it into the vise-grips to get it done. Oh well.

Similar Products Used: none
btv   Cross Country Rider [Oct 29, 2002]
Strength:

cheap, has most stuff you need

cheap, doesn't have all the stuff you need, has stuff for older bikes

the kit is definitely cheap and gives you a ton of tools.

definitely no shop quality tools, but they get the work done if you're not too demanding.

Has stuff in it you will never ever use unless you like restoring old bikes or very cheap ones.

After buying this I started buying replacement parts from Sears and Park, but it's definitely a very good starting point for the new home mechanic.

If you are a starting mechanic, add a torque wrench from Sears to your kit and you'll feel much better about your work.

Similar Products Used: bondhus, park
Ross   [May 27, 2003]
Strength:

inexpensive

low quality, cheap tools

I've only been using these tools for two days. I've already broken the chain whip, and had to replace the chain tool because it didn't work correctly with my chain (my chain is a 9 speed...maybe it would work fine on an 8 speed?).

The tools are shoddy. I bought the kit because I thought I could get at least a few useful tools out of it.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for. I know that Park tools are pretty expensive, but if you're semi-serious about working on your bike you're going to end up buying them anyway as these tools break or don't work correctly. Also, you do get a lot of tools you'll probably never use.

I would recommend just buying the few tools that you need from Park. They have much better quality, and you'll be surprised how little you actually need.

Similar Products Used: various park tools
James   Weekend Warrior [Nov 18, 2004]
Strength:

Excellent value for the price.I've used this kit for over a year now and it has worked well for me.I have buit-up and dismantled at least 15 bikes this summer and was only missing a Shimano BB tool which this kit lacks. All other tools have worked as intended,none have broken except the El-cheapo plastic tire irons.

Tire irons

Great home starter kit,be careful with them and they will last.

Similar Products Used: None
Mike Cisek   Cross Country Rider [May 01, 2002]
Strength:

It is great and has all the tools most mtn. bikers wanted. It works just perfect.

The only little problem there is that it doesn't have any star wrenches for taking off the disc (if ya have a bike with disc brakes).

But the little problem isn't such a big deal, really. Other than that it is a great tool kit!!!

Similar Products Used: Park, etc.
Ryan Howe   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2002]
Strength:

Very complete selection of tools. Most of what you need, none of what you don't.

Small toolbox for adding other tools.

I would highly recommend this product for anyone looking to do simple to moderate bike maintenance. I have been doing most of my maintenance and repairs with mini-tool until now. What a pleasure it is to have this kit. It has most all of the tools you'll need, except some specialized tools. Also, there arent' many tools in here that you'll never use. An excellent choice for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, well stocked tool kit.