Wrenchforce ATB mini-pump Pump

Wrenchforce ATB mini-pump

[Dec 07, 2008]
egchaos

too much plastic

My fingers hate this pump a lot. I had to attempt many times to find the right way to lock it on. Since the nozzle is in a difficult angle it got very frustrating. If it didn't get locked the right way i would have to unlock it. If my fingers were too close to the lever it would smash them. I finally just chucked it and will be driving tomorrow.
the guys at the shop said it was good. I don't think it is my fault because I am pretty good with figuring things out and making it work but maybe it is. Just wanted to vent.

[May 12, 2008]
Floyd

Strength:

fast inflation, accurate guage.

bad reviews at this web site

Surprised to see this pump get panned. I was so amazed by its performance I thought it would be at the top of this list. First pump I've ever used that I've liked - works better than my full size frame pump (Topeak Master Blaster) Much better than Crank Bros or Zefal. I'm gonna buy one. I'm hoping bad reviews were just from people not seating the valve in the pump properly - I found it easy to use.

crank bros, Zefal, topeak

[Apr 22, 2004]
zuvy

Strength:

Lightweight (156 grams); Not TOO small, but small enough to fit in any of several different places on the frame; Moves a good amount of air, yet will produce plenty of pressure for any mountain bike tire; Has patch storage in the T-handle; Switchable from Schrader to Presta; Uses a replaceable O-Ring instead of a leather cup inside. Easy to use and has never failed me.

None that I'm aware of. Does it's job as it was designed to.

I'd buy this pump again, and will if I can find one.

Topeak, Zefal

[Mar 08, 2004]
E-Bomb

Strength:

Mine is the Mosquito model.
Fast, on the go C02 action with a manual
pump feature that can be used anytime, as
long as there is a cartridge in the barrel.
The C02 control system worked great.
Mini design is light and portable.

Like it says, manual pump is for minimal use,
not to pump tire up to 70psi. This is explained
in the directions, so technically it's not a weakness.
It's a limitation. Use it to put about 20 pumps in,
so your tube is positioned correctly within tire.
Then open up the C02 release and fwoop!

So far, so good. Worked exactly as
it was suppose to.

None.

[Feb 16, 2003]
kazman
Downhiller

Strength:

Small. Actually works

Rubber cap ripped off

The bottom line is that for $20-$30 this is a good pump. It fits both presta and shredder and works good on both. The rubber cap busted off in the first week but it really isnt needed. The lock works great and havent really had a problem with it.

[Oct 17, 2001]
Matthew Keele

Strength:

Light weight

It broke after three uses and I was left stranded for an hour and a half.

Spend more on a better pump. You'll have to eventually

CO2 but too expensive

[Aug 04, 2001]
Mark Gold

Strength:

Air goes into the tire.

Not much air goes into the tire.

Using this pump is great for burning calories -- like having a portable gym connected to your frame. But if the reason for using this pump is to pump up a road bike tire to more than 80 pounds, I cannot recommend it.

It is useful for emergencies to get barely enough air in the tire to get home. But I think most riders may be better off with a Topeak mini pump (easily pumps over 120 lbs) or CO2 or a frame pump.

Topeak Road Morph

[Mar 18, 2001]
Steve Pokorra

Strength:

The McGuiver of pumps ! Gives me another place to stash junk in its handle

Mines a "reject" with a nice split in the handle.. alloy pipe will soon solve that problem

For a reject its quite nifty. Only used it once, but gotta love the convertible tip. The added tools are quite nifty, if some what useless (2 tyre levers ? Come on). The hollow handle is VERY handy for stashing patches tho

Car tyre pump (great big metal thing you stand on, pushed a LOT of air. 30 PSI into a 26x1.75 with 10 strokes)

[Apr 08, 2000]
Joel

Strength:

light, inexpensive
little picture on the side for Schrader/Presta
inexpensive

doesn't hold valve stem well

I got this pump as a gift, and had it on my Bonty until the bike was stolen. I works great, especially for the price. It's dirt simple, and there are little pictures on the pump body to show the arrangement of the little components for Schrader/Presta valves. However, the pump has a tendency to leak air at the valve stem if it is not held just right. Overall, a great pump for anyone, especially if they are on a budget and don't mind buying Trek products.

[Mar 25, 2007]
Becky

Strength:

It is small. As for strengths, that is about it.

Oh where to begin. You can't get more than about 30 PSI into the tire. Also, it is really easy to bend the presta valve because as you are pumping, any movement of the pump (which is inevitable since it is a hand pump) puts a bending force on the valve.

I guess I can say that I paid $20 for this pump only to learn that I should have gotten a better one.