Torelli Floor Pump Pump

Floor Pump

Torelli Floor Pump

Jimmy   Weekend Warrior [Aug 25, 2003]

Updat from my last post-

Called the Torelli U.S. distributor and spoke to a very nice guy who will send me all the replacement parts for free! he said, "I'll take care of you". Can't be that for customer service! That kind of customer service is rare these days. Five stars for service but still One turd for the quality of the product.

Frank   Weekend Warrior [Dec 16, 2001]
Strength:

Accurate gauge, easy to use, dependable

This is a follow up review. After one year of almost daily use, this pump is still going strong without the slightest hint of any trouble. No sign of wear on the nozzle, the pumping action is still smooth, and the gauge is very accurate. If you need a pump, don't waste your money on anything else.

Similar Products Used: Zefal Big shot
Carl   Weekend Warrior [Apr 21, 2008]
Strength:

Holding open doors. Holding up the hood lid on my car.

Pumping air

I bought 2 on sale a year ago. Both are broken.This product is junk!It says "Made in Italy" but I seriously doubt it. A Taiwan sticker feel out of the box when I opened it. I would not buy this product at any price.

Similar Products Used: Silca
Performance
Joe Blow
Frank   Cross Country Rider [Oct 07, 2002]

I don't understand the two reviews below. I initially had problems with the pump valve to stem connection. Tried to force the valve onto the presta stem too far like I would have to with all the other cheap pumps on the market but the tube would not inflate. After thinking I wasted my money, I adjusted the distance I put the valve onto the stem and it has worked beautifully ever since. I have yet to use a better pump. I hope the two posters below contacted their LBS and had the hose and valve replaced for free rather than trashing it.

Gordon   Weekend Warrior [Feb 20, 2003]
Strength:

Solid metal construction, Great pumphead, long hose, tall enough to get some extra air with each stroke

Base could be broader. Ideally the pumphead would accomodate presta and schrader without dismantling, but this is really a simple matter with this head- much easier than with Zephal.

Wonderful pump. Pumphead (new design- not as pictured in websites- not Silca brass head) really works. It stays on and doesn't leak air after you've unclamped it. Pump stroke is good (smooth, not too stiff, not much resistance). Customer service was really great with Schwabs too.

Similar Products Used: Zephal double shot
mark   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 06, 1999]
Strength:

Well Constructed and Durable

This is simply the finest pump money can buy. Nothing out there even comes close. It is beatifully made and 100% reliable. I've already dropped it several times and not even a scratch. For those of you mountain bikers who've never heard of Torelli, they make the best road racing frames in the world and the same pride and ingenuity they use to build those frames is put into their pumps. If you can't find a bike shop smart enough to stock this, call the number on the web site and they can hook you up with people who ship nationwide. I give five chili's to Torelli for showing the world what true quality and craftsmanship is all about.

Similar Products Used: Silca
Topeak
Zefal
rick   Cross-Country Rider [May 04, 1999]
Strength:

MADE IN ITALIA!!!!!

This is truly an amazing pump. Buy this and you will never have to buy another pump for the rest of you life. If you can't find a Torelli dealer in your area, call the toll free directory and ask for Torelli-then call them direct where they can give you numbers for stores that ship nationwide.

Frank   [Apr 14, 2001]

This really is a fantastic pump. No fooling around with trying to get the hose onto the tube valve and locking it in place. All you need to do is slide the hose fitting over your presta valve and start pumping. The guage is the most accurate I have seen yet. The housing of the pump is 4130 steel so it will last forever. This really is the best floor pump I have ever used. You can easily dissasemble the pump if need be for service, cleaning or relubing the pump shaft. If you are in the market for a new floor pump, or are disatisfied with your current one, this is the pump you should buy. You can spend more on other pumps, or less if you desire, either way if you don't buy the Torelli floor pump you will be wasting your money.

Similar Products Used: Zefal Big Shot
Trek-er   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2003]
Strength:

Ummm let's see, if its supposed to pump up tires ,then I guess it doesn't have any.

Head blows off presta valve stems at 75 psi.

This pump is really worthless. After fighting with the head for two weeks I finally went out and bought a Specialized hose and Presta/Shraeder combo head. Then it worked great. But after letting it sit over the winter, I went to use it last week and guess what - the check valve doesn't work! The air just blows back into the pump and lifts the handle! So I am back using the old Medai AGAIN!!
I absolutely don't recommend this pump.

Similar Products Used: Trusty old Medai made in Taiwan - has worked for over 10 years - hose got old and leaked so I thought I would invest in a new pump.
Jimmy   Weekend Warrior [Aug 23, 2003]
Strength:

Looks like it has potential....

Almost everything; the price, build quality, balance, did I mention the bad quality?

I bought this pump after reading the initial reviews touting the great quality of this pump. What a piece of crap! The build quality is worse than the $10 Chinese pump. Here's what's broken after one year, even though I didn't use it for more than a dozen times: the cheapy plastic washer snaps in half after the pump tips over, the Cheapy plastic handle with scratchy edges looses the caps on the ends, leaky hose at the base. Man, what prissy little pump. You have to have the the chuck in just the right way and the hose has to be perfectly straight between the tire and the pump or it will leak...what a disaster!

The people who said this was a good pump must have been using their mouths to pump their tires all these years for them to say this is good product.

Similar Products Used: Cheapy Taiwan pumps.