Specialized 04 Windpipe Mountain Pump Pump

Specialized 04 Windpipe Mountain Pump Pump

Extra tough, extra reliable. Same SwitchHitter head technology as our floor pumps automatically adjusts for schraeder or presta valve.

[Jan 26, 2007]
Josh

Strength:

Versatility-a shock pump and tire pump that can be mounted on bike

not very good at either and cheaply made

I bought the windpipe because it would handle all my air pump needs, however the first one broke the first time I tried to pump a tire (plastic piece that switches the high pressure and low volume/shock to the low pressure and high volume/tire). No problem...the LBS exchanged it, but the replacement one's gauge broke the first time I tried to air up my shocks. Too bad. The idea is great, but I went instead to one for each that are better made.

OVERALL
[Jul 08, 2004]
William (aka) Ol' DirtDawg

Strength:

Switchhitter head, aluminum body, compact, tough, strong, ergonomic handle, a very well designed and built pump.

No cap or cover to protect from dirt and debris. (made my own cover cap)

I searched for a quality mountain pump, read many reviews, and went with a Topeak (at first), well I tried a Specialized Windpipe, Whoa,..!! I was sold, switchhitter head, no parts to switch around and lose, compact body, ergonomic handle. For the quality vs. price, a no-brainer.
Try a Specialized Windpipe, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I was,..!! 5 chilis for value, 4 chilis for not having a cap or cover.

Topeak, Zephal