Cannondale MP 202 Pump

MP 202

Cannondale MP 202

Brian Brown   Cross Country Rider [Apr 30, 2000]
Strength:

Long lasting

None yet

I got this pump to replace the crap Trek sold me, I warrantied the first one of theirs and the second one doesn't work. I am a college student with little money to spend on stuff that doesn't make my bike ride better so I actually use it to pump up all of my tires. I'm sure these other reviews are real, but so is mine so either I got the only good one or they expect way to much from a mini pump.

Similar Products Used: Trek Mini Pump
Cadel Evans :-p   Cross Country Rider [Apr 02, 2000]
Strength:

- Looks good
- Not THAT expensive

EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, it's bulky, it's fiddly & hard to use. & you try getting any tyre pumped to anything above 20psi!!!!

Cannondale might make some good stuff (well I do have a gorgeous F700 . . .) but this is, shall we say, a pretty crappy effort . . .

IT SUCKS! DON'T EVER BUY ONE!

Similar Products Used: None . . . my first pump . . . & my last Cannondale pump
big d   [Feb 03, 2000]
Strength:

looks nice

pumped poorly and eventually broke after a year of forgettable performance

any part of a bike that leaves me stranded 30 miles from my origin is worthless, not to mention the pump's lack of air movement. all of the plastic parts of the pump became brittle and then shattered after only one year.

Similar Products Used: blackburn[all of their products are pretty good and more reliable
Richard Watts   Cross-Country Rider [Nov 11, 1999]
Strength:

Does not pump air on reverse stroke, cannot get higher than about 30psi, low volume, expensive

If this is the best pump Cannondales technical department can come up with then they should hang their heads in shame. Looks and feels good in the shop but you would be better off going to Target and getting a dollar bargain from the toy department - at least it would put some air in your tires. The reverse stroke of the double action is almost totally ineffective, the pump cannot generate more than about 30psi and the stroke is short on a thin barrel. Useless for a road bike, takes about 500 strokes to get a mt bike tire to less than working pressure. The most expensive and worst pump I have ever used. One chilli is two too many.

Similar Products Used: Blackburn, Zefal
k   Weekend Warrior [Jun 27, 1999]
Strength:

none that I can find.

the body of the pump pumps into the head and not vice versa. Poorly constructed!

I have used another Cannondale pump (mp101)before I took it back to the dealer because IT crapped out on me. At least when it stopped pumping air (only up to 30# then it would bind up) I was able to get at leaast 30#. With this new pump its hard to get any air, I found that playiung with the pump head will determine if you get any air at all. The head lever to lock it onto the wheels is useless, and the worst innovation of this pump that detracts from its predessessor is the stupid angle the pump head is at. By angling the head on the pump it makes it almost impossible to fit it to any kind of valve. I was lucky to fit it to my schraeder valve because the body of the pump would hit into the rim because of the weird angle. Im sure a presta valve would prove to be a challenge because with the strange design of the pump, it would put undo pressure on the presta valve causing it to snap. All in all I wish I never took the lousy MP101 (See my review on that worthless pump in this site) back under warranty for a replacement. The other thing I find amazingly stupid is the bottom of the pump where your hand goes. The end of thge pupm is half gone. Part of it flips out to supposedly help by making it a t-shape to (supposedly) make it easier to pump. The problem I see is it is flimsy and the grip doesnt go all the way around the pump its like half of a pump. I think they were trying to make it look hip or something, but I think it looks stupid. Also the instructions were poor as they never even mentioned that the handle flips out (I found out by accident as I saw there was a pivot bolt that must do something) The final thought is that with Cannondales research and development available, they could come up with better innovations, and yet they seem to be caught with their tail between their legs. Never again will I buy anything from Cannondale.

Similar Products Used: Crank Bros Power Pump, Blackburn Mammoth and Shorty, Cannondale MP101
Batchy   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 22, 1999]

It doesn't fill air.

It doesn't work at a backstroke.It fills air at 1st stroke, but when I try to use a backstroke, it doesn't work well, it starts fighting with me. I can't fill enough air.