Cannondale MG-302 Pump

MG-302

Cannondale MG-302

Harley   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2000]
Strength:

The velcro strap to hold it to the clip

everything else

It seems that C-Dale does not understand the concept of "real world" testing with their products. I think for their sake they better stop putting their name on crap that sucks. I personally own one of their bikes, and while the frame isnt bad, the rest of the "CODA" components are junk. (just what the hell is a CODA anyways?)I have only used the pump o refill between rides when needed, and the other day had to pump up a flat from scratch. All I can say is its a good thing that it was a slow leak that happened at home rather than on the trail. Sorry C-Dale, you have fu#@@@#ed me over for the last time, no more products from you guys. If I could, I would give you a big zero, exactly the same amount of money that this pump is now worth.

Similar Products Used: zefal
Naz   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 1999]
Strength:

NIce size, has gauge.

Valves too weak, hassle.

This is an alright pum0p though the g auge doesn't work after a month, the valve rubber thingy is already ripping, action isn;t smooth and I have to loosen the cap everytime to get the air to pump in right, should be hassle free from the first stroke but isn't. Get a Blackburn shorty instead.

Similar Products Used: Floor pump.
rembrandt bakker   Racer [Apr 18, 1999]
Strength:

small size

grip too small - pumping hurts
bike not steady while pumping
can't read gauge while pumping

Don't like pump at all, even if it is very well engineered.
Two stroke action makes it impossible to keep bike steady while pumping.
The grip connected to the valve is only 4 inches long (of which onoly two inches
are really available), much smaller than my hand. When the shaft slides in
(this pump has the shaft moving over a piston, rather than the piston moving
inside the shaft), my skin gets squeezed.
And how am I supposed to read that gauge if my hand covers it while pumping?

Art   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 17, 1999]

This review is for the C'dale pump with the built-in gauge, (model MG-302); the MG-301 is the one without the gauge. The '302 has done a fine job for me. I haven't destroyed any valves with it. The frame clamp hasn't broken. The gauge reads the way it's supposed to. If you're having trouble with the pump falling out of the clamp, then use the supplied Velcro strap to hold it on. DUH! I'll bet I would ruin some valves with any mini-pump if I jammed them on real hard at the wrong angle. Like my father used to say, You have to be smarter than the tools you're using. I don't think any mini-pump is meant to be your main pump. That's why they call them mini-pumps. Get it? MINI. I use mine when I'm changing tires or tubes, just to get them up a little, then I go out in the garage and fully inflate with my air compressor. A few times I've fully pumped some friends tires with the '302, 'cause that's all we had to use at the time and it worked great. So, don't wear your arms out with a mini, get a good floor pump or compressor for home use. By the way, the Master Blaster does get more air in per stroke, but it's a longer pump. It's not as compact as the '302 and doesn't fit in tight spots on my frame like the C'dale does. So I like the trade off of more strokes but smaller pump. Works for me.