Blackburn Mammoth AnyValve Mini Pump

Mammoth AnyValve Mini

The Blackburn Mammoth AnyValve Pump takes the guesswork out of which adapter goes where. The reason is because there are no adapters to choose from with the Blackburn AnyValve Head which automatically adjusts to fit Presta, Schrader or Dunlop. SO, it's easy to figure it out. The Mammoth weighs...

p2rider426   [Dec 03, 2012]
Strength:

Lightweight, quality construction, convenient mounting option, don't need to keep track of a stupid little adapter for going between presta and schrader tubes, and great value!

Pump handle is a little flimsy when really getting down to business. Doesn't like to stay in its closed position all that much (more about that in summary). I wouldn't want to use it to put more than about 60 psi in a tire, which isn't really a problem because that's enough to get my road bike home no problem.

I don't use the provided mount since my bike isn't drilled and tapped for a water bottle mount but it seems well thought out. About the pump handle, whenever I put it into my pump-port mesh pocket in my camelbak I always insert it handle first since it is a bear to wrestle out the pump head end from the elastic mesh material. Only problem is every time I pull it out, the handle pulls out from its detent to stay attached to the pump body and also likes to get caught up in the mesh netting. It's not really a big deal considering I am not using it with its frame mount as it was intended, and I rarely pull it out anyways. I've filled about 10 tires from flat with it it so far and it has performed flawlessly.

OVERALL