Blackburn Air Tower 5 CF Pump

The original Blackburn TP-5 has been called the mother of all floorpumps, capable of reaching 100psi in a mere 10 strokes. The Air Tower 5 CF builds on that reputation by combining improved Dual Stage, Dual Stroke internals to a sleek, sexy shape and lightweight carbon fiber barrel and gauge face. The working parts have been refined for improved reliability and serviceability.

jonasneeser   Cross Country Rider [Oct 06, 2010]
Strength:

High volume setting is great for seating tubeless tires.

Pressure gauge inaccurate on high volume setting at low pressures but you can just change to high pressure setting to top it off and get a reading.

This is the best pump I've ever had by far. I've had no problems with it. Blackburn stands by their products. I had problems with my Blackburn AirTower 4 (after years of use) and Blackburn sent me a new one.

Similar Products Used: Blackburn AirTower 4.
Leopold Vander Smoot   Racer [Jan 21, 2010]

strengths?

I got one, the internals failed within a couple months; returned it, the gauge broke within a week; returned it, and blackburn sent an Air Tower 4, and those internals failed within a week. It doesn't seem it would be that hard to make a pump that could do something crazy like, i don't know, pump a tire...

POS

Similar Products Used: C02 innovations cheapy pump, still going strong
Bradtri   Cross Country Rider [Aug 28, 2009]
Strength:

Nice looking sturdy base

Air Valve adapter is Garbage. Customer Support no help told me to send it in or return it.

Stay far away from this one. I will not be buying another blackburn product.

Similar Products Used: Joe Blow
jansenmark   Racer [Feb 06, 2009]

Quailty is terrible. Handle broke after normal use. I sent it in. I received a replacement. The valve and gauge were broken on the replacement unit

Don't buy this product.

mmullins437   Racer [Jun 10, 2008]
Strength:

This floor pump is the slickest looking air pump for those weight weenies obsessed with carbon fiber (myself hesitantly included). It promises the best features of any pump: a high volume setting for filling up tires quickly and a high pressure setting for easily topping off road tires above 100psi.

This two stage system didn't last for long. I had only been using the pump for around 1.5 months and the high volume setting would no longer pump at all. It feels like the high volume dual stage is jammed up because I can't even press down on the handle.

I would advise to stay away from this overpriced and faulty pump. I called Blackburn and they have replaced the pump with an Air Tower 4 model which has the simplicity of a single stage and has been a very reliable pump so far. Blackburn has a full warranty and great customer service and I really recommend their single-stage frame pumps and floor pumps, but not the dual stage models like this Air Tower 5 and their Air Stiks.