Avenir Airmax Junior 2 Pump

Avenir Airmax Junior 2 Pump

Avenir Airmax Floor Pump * Dual head for easy inflation of Presta or Shrader valves * Composite construction with rubber-padded base

[Sep 12, 2007]
William Nichols

Strength:

#FP-12, Chiefton Foot Pump. Compact, light weight.

Unstable on uneven ground. Hose leaked the first year, (replaced).2nd yr.the nut of the connecting rod to the piston fell off and the rubber foot pad disintegrated,(replaced or repaired).4th year the spot welds broke. Pump is junked!

America needs to produce a QUALITY made, light wt., compact foot pump. Too much junk out there!
The above item is not dependable away from a repair shop.

Long, two hand bicycle pump.

[Jun 16, 2006]
christian

Strength:

Solidly built, pumps fast, has been my only pump and has never let me down for over 8 yrs! I don't own a compressor or a floor pump, this has been the only way I fill my tires.

You can't go wrong with this pump, unless they have started making them cheaper in the last 8 yrs.

Had one other mtb pump and I lost it shortly before finding this one but don't recall the make.

[May 02, 1999]
Moegsien Schroeder

Strength:

This pump pumps with both push and pull strokes making it pump faster. The mount holds it extremely well and it has a velcro strap for extra security. The grip is very comfortable and your hand does not slip and it has a aluminium thumb lever for extra grip. Can be changed to fit both Presta and Schrader valves.

No pressure gauge {not really neccesary}

Great pump for MTB and road bikes.Definitely worth buying.

Ryder Mini-pump

[Jul 24, 1999]
Jeff

I actually have an older model of the Avenir AirMax. It works well and I recommend it. The only problems I have are when I put a new tube on, otherwise reliable pump.

[Mar 22, 1999]
mark yetman

Strength:

Light, strong, sturdy quality design and finish. Pumps up tire extremely fast. Two way therefore quicker. Also comes with a velcro strap to hold it on on the rough sections. Also has a dust cap to keep the inners dust and dirt free.

Slighly long otherwise none!

A very impressive pump with very unique features not found on any other pumps!

Acor- very dissapointing

[Jan 31, 2001]
Carl

Strength:

pumps on both push & pull strokes, comes apart easy for service; really strong; great soft polymer bracket with nice wide velcro "keeper" strap; bracket mounts just about anywhere on bike; much heavier grade aluminum than other avenir pumps I have owned; aluminum pipes are machined instead of some really light, cheaply stamped-out models I have used. Easy to flip guts for Presta. Not too skinny of a pump for my big hands.

not marketed well enough for such an inexpensive overbuilt pump; no choice of color (black only)

Go to rei-outlet.com and BUY THIS PUMP NOW. For $8 you get one of the smallest, best-built MTB pumps on the market. Crazy value for the money; simply the best small frame pump I have ever used. This thing is built like a little tank. It looks like a military commando issue item.

Five flaming burritos all the way around for this one.

Avenir loooonnnnggg frame pumps, zefal looonngg frame pumps, Wally Mart Bell cheapie, fix-a-flat, SLIME, gas station air hose

[Apr 22, 2005]
Joey

Strength:

I actually purchased the Avenir Flow Mini. It is a SOLID piece. Has a built in guage, Mount is ok, and it does a very good job pumping up tires.

None so far. Except maybe the mount. It is plastic. It may eventually break.

I really like this pump. I would definetly recommend it to everyone.

None.

[Mar 23, 2002]
Dennis

Strength:

Pumps air on push and pull strokes.

Cheap plastic parts in pump and mounting bracket.

I have the older Avenir AirMax Junior so I can't evaluate the Junior II. The Junior's mounting bracket broke very easily after 1 year so I have resorted to Velcro tape to mount it on the cross bar. The lever that locks the pump to the valve stem broke off too. Replace the cheap plastic fulcrum with a #6-32 x 1" machine bolt and nut. Always glad to help the French with American ingenuity.

[Nov 27, 1999]
Paul Nugent

Strength:

Easy to use, no gimmics, push/pull pumping, light and seems pretty durable.

None that I've seen

I just bought this pump on Wednesday, thinking that I did not want to be 20+ miles from home with a flat this weekend...got a snakebite on the front 20 100lb tire. This pump worked great! After pumping the tire to full pressure once, I noticed that I screwed up and the tire was not seated right, so I had to let out the air and pump it up again...both times the pump did what it should...held on to the valve, filled the tube, and I didn't feel like I was straining to get it to full pressure. Definitely a great, and timely, purchase.

Cheapo plastic 300-stroke-to-fill-a-tire pumps