Aireon 300psi Shockpump Pump

300psi Shockpump

Russell Pedersen   Cross Country Rider [Dec 15, 2003]
Strength:

Very inexpensive

Metal collar broke the first time I used it. Seriously, the very first time.

Don't buy it. Very cheaply made. Here's the deal - this is a very difficult task for a pump to perform. Shock chambers are so tiny they bleed out almost instantly when you're trying to inflate them, a shock pump needs to be airtight and well-built to handle the high pressure and small air volume. I was having a leaking problem when I first tried to use my new Aireon pump and overtightened the metal collar, which promptly split in half. Useless. And I bought it on eBay so I have no recourse whatsoever.

Similar Products Used: Fox (much better, worth the extra cash).
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Apr 03, 2005]
Strength:

Compact size, relatively light. Low low price.

Release button doesn't work.

I picked up this shock pump before reading these reviews. I began to think about returning the pump, may have been an impulse purchase because of the clearance price. I decided to give the pump a trial run out of curiosity and in fairness to the people at Performance Bike. This little pump does the job. It is the first and only shock pump I have ever used, I have no problem with this product. The one little thing that may be an issue, is the release button, that is the button that should release air from the shock, maybe called a bleeder type release button, does not work. That fuction is not a deal breaker, just makes me wonder if other parts of the pump may fail with time. Since I only paid $13 it is okay if this gadget doesn't last a lifetime. I would be pissed off if the thing failed on the trail at a bad time. But time will tell on the durability of this product. I may pick up an extra pump, possibly more expensive by a superior quality maker, just for the sake of comparison. The reviews of the products on this site have been useful. Bottom line, no product is bullet proof or perfect, even products that are generally considered great will get some really critical, low rated reviews. This goody works.

Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Apr 17, 2005]
Strength:

Did the job for a little while, inexpensive (different than cheap)

CHEAPLY built, pressure loss when disconnecting (which I learned to compensate for), metal ring cut into hose after a few months making the pump useless

If you need to use this pump only a few times (forgot to bring your's and your out of town??) go for it, but the quality is deplorable. It will fail eventually. Whats the phrase about the bitterness of poor quality vs. the sweetness of a low price??

Similar Products Used: I forget the name, bee themed shcok pump, purchased at LBS
Michael Swager   Cross Country Rider [Oct 18, 2004]
Strength:

Very nice pump when it works, relable to a point

Airloss after taking it off, head broke and caused all air to be let out of shock and could not pump back up, left me stranded.

Good pump when it works, left me stranded when it did not. If you are willing to deal with things like this then get it.

Jojo Ma   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2002]
Strength:

Small, lightweight, nice design

Releases 20 psi of air with each removal

It's a good shock pump for the money, but the one downer of this product is that it releases about 20 psi of air with each pump removal (after pumping the shock). I just have to pump 20 psi of more air to get the desired setting, so it isn't that bad. Nice product for the money.

Bruce M   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2002]
Strength:

Compact, Well Bulit, accurate gauge Price

Loss of air on disconnect from shock

Pump is great except for the 20-24psi of air loss that occurs when it is removed from the shock. I think there is an attachment out there that screws into the pump that prevents that, I just have to find it. Other than that it works like it is supposed to, it takes air from outside and puts it inside the shock under pressure. overall rating is -1 chili cause of that air loss thing