Aireon 2-in-1 Dual Pressure Mini Pump Pump

2-in-1 Dual Pressure Mini Pump

Gregg Fialcowitz   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2003]
Strength:

Doesn't work. This pump left me hiking a few miles back to the trail head. Don't know which mini pump to recommend, but can assure you this isn't it.

If this is the only pump you're going to take on the trail, pack hiking boots also.

Similar Products Used: Blackburn
OVERALL
T.J. Hogan   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2004]
Strength:

compact, ergonomic design fits your hand well and is easy to pump, handy-dandy little pressure gauge

Using this pump is like pulling a handle in Vegas. The thing was fine just three days ago. I had a pinch flat about 9 miles from my rig up in the Tortilitas and my pump wouldn't work! Upon inspection, I came to find that the internal valve spring had completely separated. BROKEN! bike shoes aren't fun to hike in! I carry a few extra tubes but never imagined a backup pump. This is really out of hand!

I need equipment I can count on. This ain't the first pump that died on me in combat. I have a free standing tire pump in the garage that sees the bulk of the action... meaning: I rarely use these darn things!

My dear old Dad has a tire pump that I used as a kid. It is still operable. I'll bet that thing is fifty years old. I'm not kidding! I'll also bet it wasn't made in freakin' China by some ten year old girl that makes a nickel a week so some fat cat back in the States can have a Hummer for each day of the week. I won't reward this any longer! Anyone who has had good service and longevity from your pump, e-mail me please and I don't care about the price.

I wonder if Chris King might consider making a high quality pump? Tired of this crap. Just plain tired from the hike. oh well..pass the beer nuts.

Similar Products Used: Serfas; also had a Blackburn years ago that would still be working if they made the little part that pushes in the stem part of the tube out of metal instead of plastic! It just wore away from use. :-(
OVERALL