PowerBar Powerbar Nutrition

Powerbar

Powerbar

69, Come at me bro!   Racer [Jun 14, 2011]
Strength:

It's big...

Not as big as I wanted it to be

6969696969.lolololololololololololtrolltrolltrolltrolltroll

Similar Products Used: Your gf...
John   Weekend Warrior [Feb 11, 2007]
Strength:

Price wise - FREE! How can you go wrong? Atleast 12 different flavours to choose from if not more. Tastes great (banana, peanut butter, chocolate) not too sweet.

A little chewy before you can swallow it, A large chunk likes to stick to your teeth, Needs a swig or two of water to clear your mouth.

A great tasting bar especially in the banana, peanut butter or chocolate flavours. A little chewy so you can't digest it as fast as Powerbar Gel and sometimes it sticks to your teeth. Needs a swig or two of water to clear your mouth.
Bottom Line: I've taken a few dozen FREE samples (apple, raspberry [I think], banana, peanut butter, chocolate & one other flavour that I can't remember during multiple annual visits to the Toronto International Bike Shows + The Annual Becel Ride for Heart/Ride The D.V.P. Then suddenly (by 2004), Powerbar stopped being a sponsor giving away free samples.
Botton Line: The best energy bar on the market and the next best item when compared to their Power Gel.

Similar Products Used: Powerbar Harvest, Clif Bar, Herbalife Energy Bar, Met-RX & Powerbar Gel.
250savage   Weekend Warrior [Sep 25, 2005]
Strength:

filling, nutritious

none, it does what it's supposed to do

I laugh out loud every time I read about how bad tasting they are. Dang people, you can't spread mustard on a turd and expect it to taste like a hot dog. I think these things taste pretty good, considering what the ingredients have to be to make them work like they are supposed to. Heck, go buy a Snicker or a Kit-Kat if you want great taste. Keep this in mind, then go try a Powerbar. They are good!!!

Similar Products Used: about all of them
jason   Cross Country Rider [Jan 19, 2004]
Strength:

energy

yuck

This is a great product I use for energy on long rides. I like the vanilla flavor the best.

Ray   Cross Country Rider [Nov 23, 2001]
Strength:

Wrapper can be used to hold tube in when you cut a tire.Easy to eat when riding.

Man I hate to be blunt but this stuff comes out almost like it goes in.There I said it.You can lose a tooth when it's real cold.

If it works for you and you like it,use it.

Similar Products Used: Cliff bar.
James   Weekend Warrior [Nov 07, 2001]
Strength:

Energy Boost thats what it is made for

freezes rock solid
melts
tastes like crap

one of the worst products out there

Similar Products Used: cliff bar (that is some good sh*t)
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Sep 30, 2002]
Strength:

Good for energy. You can hang up posters in your room with it too.

Taste is atrocious! Kind of like eating silly putty with dirt in it. I haven't eaten one in a while. I was eating one a few months back and my mouth decided that it had had enough and demanded I get something new. Also, powerbars are temperature sensetive. Too hot and they melt and stick all over the inside of the wrapper. Too cold and it's like trying to eat a brake pad.

Disgusting. Makes me want to vomit. The chocolate flavor is especially horrible. The only one I could ever barely choke down was apple cinnamon. Energy was okay, but not worth the pain and suffering of having to eat one. Go get a Clif bar. Delicious!

Similar Products Used: Clif bars! Yum.
bob smith   cross-country rider [Sep 26, 1998]

We sell powerbars at our stores and I gotta say that alot of them go out of
date before we sell them. They realy don't taste that bad but when you compare
them to clifbars or balancebars there's no compareson. Now the power gels are
pretty good! Choc. is a new flavor that is well worth trying.

Brian   weekend warrior [Mar 23, 1998]

I decided to post this on the most-read brand of fuel food on this site. I think all these brands are good if you're dying of hunger out on the trails and you need something to tide you over until you can get to Fatburger on the way home, but if you *REALLY* want some energy, you need to take some supplements. Although it's made mostly for bodybuilding and such, Creatine Monohydrate (aka Creatine Phosphate, Creatine Phosphate Monohydrate) gets right down to the basic needs of your body, at the cell level. You can buy this stuff at GNC and pay an arm and a leg, or go to a Sam's club and get the Joe Weider brand pretty cheap. Once you use this stuff regularly, you'll have like double the energy you had before, and you'll get a hell of a lot stronger. It works like this: (I'm no Bio major or anything, this is just how I understand it)Your muscles work by releasing the energy stored in a large molecule called Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) by breaking one of the phosphate bonds and converting it to Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP). Once this happens, the ADP molecule just kind of sits around and is generally useless. As a byproduct of this reaction, nasty things like Lactic Acid are formed, which makes your legs feel like they're going to burst into flames. Once your muscles run out of ATP, you bonk. Creatine helps your body replace the ATP as it's used by supplementing the natural levels of Creatine in your body that you get from red meat and green leafy veggies. So, you'll be able to crank up those hills and still have enough energy left to catch some wicked air off the table at the top. Of course, it's expensive, and there really hasn't been a whole lot of research done on the stuff as far as side effects go, but I used the stuff for three months and my liver and kidneys are fine....Just thought I'd throw this one out there for some discussion.

Chris   weekend warrior [Jul 27, 1997]

The race coordinators were giving PowerBars out for free when you signed up. I chose berry flavor but they also had mocha. Anyways my friends told me how much these things make you shit but I didn't believe them until I went an used the Porto-potty and witnessed what looked like a toilet full of berry and mocha colored crap.
This is definetly not a good product for people nervous about to race.