Nuun Active Hydration Nutrition

Active Hydration

Nuun Active HydrationTablets are easyTo carry and use. Just drop aTablet into your water bottle - no need for messy powders! EachTube contains 12Tablets (12 servings), 1 box contains 8Tubes, or 96 servings/box Contains no sugars 6 Calories, 1g Carbs, 0g Sugar, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, and B2 per serving (16 oz water) Designed for use during exercise - pleasant, easyTo drink flavor encourages youTo drink and stay hydrated

Patrick   Racer [Aug 26, 2011]

All

If you are planning to go 3 miles an hour for 1/2 an hour and insist on having a water bottle filled with something on every ride, Nuun is perfect. BUT, if you are actually plan on going big and you normally take hydration really seriously, go with something else, anything else.

I'm sorry I am being so sarcastic but I was really disappointed by this product - It just didn't pack a lot of punch. I'm in marketing and follow trends and it seems that Nuun is positioning itself for a big (almost) mass market push. This bothers me as well - I love small companies that are innovative. Soon Nuun may be neither. There are so many better products out there.

That said, they where one of the first to do tabs. I must admit that tabs are the best delivery method. So a small silver lining.

Similar Products Used: Nothing is this bad
Elduder   Cross Country Rider [Sep 14, 2009]
Strength:

Tastes great, no calories, just plain works

Kola does not taste too good like a flat pepsi

First off I hate sugar free anything that is until I was turned on by these little alkaseltzer tablets. From what I have read the effervensence of these enables the body to absorb them quicker. They have a very refreshing taste and cause me to consume more fluid than I nomrally do. For short rides these are hard to beat. Like other reviewers stated conveninent due to the small packaging so you can keep a few tubes in your camelback. You can really feel a difference in your legs when drinking this stuff. For longer rides I would use something else with this product

Similar Products Used: Nothing like it
flyinryan2   Racer [Jun 09, 2009]
Strength:

The previous reviewers said it beautifully. No sugar cramping or upset stomachs. Great flavors! Takes 2 minutes to dissolve, unlike those other brands. Different size tablets for bottles or hydration packs. Cool packaging tubes that have these little beads in the lid to keep tablets dry and a springy lid to cushion the tablets from bumps so they don't end up in crumbs. Nice. My fav.

Ok, I make it sound like these are the best things since the invention of beer, but I do have one quibble. After drinking Nuun, your mouth and throat becomes a little dry, esp. when you are racing and breathing hard. I suppose I could try not breathing to eliminate that, hmmm????

Works great, tastes great, and is less filling.

Similar Products Used: Nathan Sports electrolyte tablets--Very good also. If you can't get Nuun, get the Nathans. Zym--weird foam on top after it gets done dissolving, but taste ok. Tons of other hydration drinks.
bigwheelin   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2008]
Strength:

nuun is great! i've tried 3 of their flavours and my favorite is orange ginger but they're all light-tasting. if you're a mountain biker, you're sweating and you need to replenish your fluids (more than water). i always ran into the problem of crap growing in the bladder of my hydration pack if i put a sports drink in there, but nuun doesn't have any energy (carbs, protein, etc.) just electrolytes, so my bladder stays science project free :-). overall, i feel better on my rides- no cramping, no sticky mess to deal with, and no stomach aches from all the sugars from the "ade" family.

i have to drive a ways to get some- my local shop (old town bicycles) doesn't carry it.

it's the answer to staying hydrated. it's portable, you know that you're not tossing plastic bottles just to get a drink and it works! give it a shot!

Similar Products Used: camelback elixir- tastes too syrupy/rich. still got pack sticky and gunked-up.
System   Racer [Dec 10, 2008]
Strength:

Tastes great, easy to take on rides, much cheaper than other sports drinks

I've tried so many sports drinks and they all either taste horrible or upset my stomach. Nuun has a really good taste (not too strong), is gentle on my stomach, and I love the fact that it's sugar-free. For rides less than 2hrs, I don't need or want the extra sugar, artificial colors, and calories. If I need carbs or calories, I just take a gel. I also really like the fact that I don't have to carry extra baggies filled with powder on my long rides, just the little tube. It's so much cheaper than other sports drinks, too. It comes out to about $.50 a bottle. If you're looking for a convenient, good tasting, inexpensive sports drink, you should give Nuun a try.

Similar Products Used: name the sports drink, I've used it...Hammer, Gatorade, Accelerade, Inifinit, Gleukos