Hammer Nutrition Recoverite Nutrition

Recoverite

The extent to which you recover today will largely determine the quality of your performance tomorrow. When you put as much effort into the recovery process as you do for active training, you're ahead of the game and you'll no doubt enjoy improved performance. Along with adequate rest, it's vitally important to refuel your body as soon as possible after every training session and race. Using Recoverite, you can be assured that you're giving your body exactly what it needs. Recoverite is the right product with the right formula to provide your body with the right amounts of the right nutrients, ensuring rapid and complete recovery from all your workouts and races. Recoverite is forumulated with an ideal 3:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio to support glycogen synthesis and muscle tissue rebuilding. It has no added simple sugars, allowing for higher caloric intake and easier digestion. It has 100% whey protein isolate only, no inferior proteins, and it's generously fortified (three grams per serving) with glutamine for optimal immune system support.Added nutrients include chromium polynicotinate for enhanced muscle glycogen synthesis and l-carnosine, a tremendous antioxidant. It supplies a balanced, full spectrum, easily assimilated electrolyte profile and has a pleasant, light citrus taste, never oversweet with no foul aftertaste. 32 servings per container.

Steve   Cross Country Rider [Aug 20, 2007]
Strength:

IT WORKS! Tastes great, mixes well

NONE!

Recoverite works, especially after a tough ride. I can tell, the following day, that I pushed myself, but I don't feel wasted. I really like the flavor and often find myself craving it by the end of a ride. Recoverite goes down well, even on days when I have had a hard time getting anything down. GREAT STUFF!!

Similar Products Used: None
James   Cross Country Rider [May 04, 2005]
Strength:

Tastes great (not too strong)
Goes down easy
Dissolves completely

It does what is says. Use this product within the 30 mins window post work out and you won't be sore the next day period. You will feel better faster after a tough workout or race. I used Endurox before and it was fine but it was thicker and sometimes harder swallow on a hotter days. I then used just whey protein and some gel mixed in for carbs which was good but was missing the L-Glutamine and other important minerals etc, as well as I had to always mix the two and that was a pain. Recoverite is perfect blend of ingredients in the right ratios and works period.

Robert Kelly   Racer [Dec 31, 2004]
Strength:

I have tried many recovery drinks over the years and was pleasantly suprised when I first tried Recoverite. I had gotten used to looking at recovery drinks like taking my daily vitamins, necessary but not enjoyable. Now I actually crave the taste of recoverite after a good workout.

With two boys under 4, I am always concerned about suger content. Now I never have to fear them grabbing my sports drink or recovery drink again. Kudo's to the creator of Recoverite.

Similar Products Used: Endurox, Hammer Pro Whey
Lois Waite   Racer [Jan 05, 2005]
Strength:

I am a competitive duathlete and triathlete. In my opinion, a workout is almost a waste if you don't follow it up promptly with proper nutrition. Recoverite helps me to easily restore what my body needs. The convenient shaker bottle makes it easy for me to take with me. I found that muscle soreness is greatly reduced when I use Recoverite immediately following a workout or race. I also used to have alot of problems with insulin spikes from products with simple sugars. There are no simple sugars in Recoverite so I don't have to worry about a spike.

This is probably my favorite product in my arsenal. The taste is great, I actually look forward to it. Knowing I am properly restoring what I've spent during a tough workout means that I will be strong for the next day. I recommend this product to any athlete who wants to truly get the most from each training session.

Christopher Weiland   Racer [Jan 06, 2005]
Strength:

It works very well! Easy to order, mix and store.

Shipping to the east coast is slow.

Recoverite does what it suppost too: refuel and rebuild for faster recovery. Recoverity has high quaility ingredients and no simple sugars and since I care what I put into my body, it is perfect for me. For people who workout every day and/or people who care what they consume, recoverite is a must. For what you get, I think it is a good value.

Similar Products Used: Most products on the market as well as my own mixes.
Karl W Keltner   [Jan 06, 2005]
Strength:

goes down easily, has extra protein to repair torn down muscle tissue & carbs to replace your energy

After using Endurox, it's nice to use a product with proteins & carbs & not all of the sugar. The taste is light, & I recommend it for anyone who needs to recover from hard training & wants to come back for big or small events. Even after a long workout, when you have that feeling that nothing "sounds good" to eat or drink, this will do the trick. The mixer is recommended to purchase with this product--makes its use that much easier.

Brian   Racer [Jan 26, 2005]
Strength:

Tastes great, mixes well, tastes great, easily assimilates, tastes great. Made of natural, no-sugar, good stuff. Best stuff out there.

Doesn't go well with Donuts.

This stuff rocks! Use this stuff next time and you won't be as sore, will have instant energy level increases, and will want to ride the day after your next race. My wife hates it--I never take a day off anymore!

Similar Products Used: Endura, Endurox, Extran,
David   Racer [Jan 30, 2005]
Strength:

- A great combination of protein and carbs.
- Mild taste which doesn't overwelm you after a hard workout.
- No artificial colors or unhealthy chemicals.
- Convenient when away from home.

A great post-workout recovery drink that allows you to get the necessary carbs and protein in the body within the critical 20 min window. Plus the lack of unhealthy chemicals can only help with your health and performance.

bill lindhout   Cross Country Rider [Dec 17, 2004]
Strength:

taste taste taste i actually look forward to drinking it. it also has a recovery mix profile that blows away anyone elses blend.. this stuff works

nothing i can think of

i am an older racer (50) always had trouble recovering from hard rides and races. i always felt worn out and hazy the day after a tough race or even a hard workout no matter what i did.i tried most recovery drinks/bars on the market they either didnt work or made me sick. i started using this product and really liked the taste plus i liked the recovery profile hammer had worked out. i ran out mid season and was shocked at how crappy i felt not using this product. if you have trouble recovering from hard workouts and rides this product rocks!

Similar Products Used: most of the recovery drinks on the market,
John Geoppinger   Racer [Dec 17, 2004]
Strength:

It works as well as they say it does

Like the guy in the next review I didn't truly appreciate this product until I ran out and had to go back to using some R4 I had left over until my new can of Recoverite came. There is no comparing these two products. If I drink Recoverite within 1 hour of my workout I always feel ready to go the next day, no matter how tough the previous day was. Another cool thing about it is the taste. It almost doesn't have one, so you can flavor it with some Hammer Gel (espresso is my fave) this also lets you add some quality calories from complex carbs to help replenish glycogen stores. Serious riders need serious recovery, Recoverite is the way to do it. I know forty bucks sounds like a lot for a can of recovery drink but it's a big honkin' can so it still gets five flamers for value.