Hammer Nutrition Gel Nutrition

Gel

Hammer Gel energy gels are 100% pure complex carbohydrates. 100% pure complex carbohydrates 20oz bottles are eco-friendly (reuseable and less waste)

Jimbo   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2003]
Strength:

Works great. Gives you that extra edge to help you really enjoy your ride/race. I call it 'Happy Gel' because it helps put you in your groove and lets you keep a steady pace going, no bonking. I start taking it about 15 minutes before the start of the race and then a small mouthful every 10 - 15 minutes after to maintain my elevated energy level. Last race, a 24 HR, I tried mixing it with my Ultra Fuel (mixes well with drinks)and that worked good the first time, but the next lap I needed a little more so I think I will just keep using it from the flask. The flask is easy to use, no messing with pouches. Use just what you need.

None so far.

Excellent product. Works great every time.

Similar Products Used: Power Gel, Power Bars etc.
Micah Voiers   Cross Country Rider [Jun 23, 2003]
Strength:

Solid product, from a great company who truly cares about providing great products instead of a lot of hype and gimmicks to compensate for the crap they are trying to pawn off. I use the Gel, Sustained Energy and Endurolytes. I used to use the various bars which where always hard on the gut, and sport drinks in which you seem to crash and burn after 1.5 hours. Able to cusomize a sports drink with the hammer line. Short rides I use just the Gel, Longer rides I do the gel with Sustained energy before and then just SE during. If its hot( which it usually is in Texas ), I mix in endurolytes.

This is the best deal out there. Once you try all the rest, give Hammer a try and you will never go back. If you are tired of the Unquenchable thirst from so called sugary sports drinks Sustained Energy and endurolytes will put an end to that....I routinely ride in 100+ degree Texas weather, and always feel fine, since the switch to Hammer products.

Endurolytes are greate preventive medicine for Hang Overs, I take one before I go to bed.

Similar Products Used: Cliff Bars/Shots, Powerbars/Shots, Various sugary sports drinks....Crash and Burn
Steve   Cross Country Rider [Aug 20, 2007]
Strength:

Quick energy boost, good flavor, no simple sugars!

It's a bit on the thick side, but it does wash down well.

I don't use a lot of energy gel in general, but it is nice when I need a boost. I have tried every flavor Hammer offers and like raspberry and banana the best.

Similar Products Used: GU, Power Gel, ClifShot
Ethan Dull   Cross Country Rider [Jun 01, 2007]
Strength:

I Love Hammer Gel. I have used a few other kinds of gel , but this is the best one i have ever used. There are many different flavors for all tastes. As promised, 1 shot will deliver automatic energy when you are feeling burnt out. This product has saved my ass on more than 1 occasion.

I cant think of any

BUY THIS! IT WORKS!!
It's true, this is the best preforming gel I have ever used. When I was on the Southern Traverse in VA this product brought me saftly to the end. By the way that was an awesome ride!!

Similar Products Used: Clif bars, shots, SOLO bars,
BVBR   Racer [Nov 09, 2001]
Strength:

Best stuff out there

Limited shelf life once opened

Best stuff out there. Take some of this before a race and you'll be bouncing off the walls. It makes me feel like Cornholio! If only I could find some TP for my bunghole.

Similar Products Used: Miscellaneous gels, liquids
RobStar   Cross Country Rider [Feb 26, 2004]
Strength:

The whole Hammer Gel system / family of products. Their support and advice line is excellent. Great pricing.

I'm into 4-8 hour epic endurance rides. The Hammer Gel system is well thought out.

I have a good egg and pancake breakfast 90 minutes before the ride

I do a Hammer Gel at the start and one every 45 minutes thereafter and try to consume around 25 oz of water per hour during the same time period. I'll occassionally use one or two caffeinated Hammer Gels during a long ride depending on how amped up I am already but more often than not I do not use the caffeine.

Every three hours I'll sip through a 20oz water bottle mixed with Hammer's Perpetuem drink. I bring dry mix in ziplocks and reload along the way either at a preplanned spot or sag stop.

At the two hour mark I take two of Hammer's Endurolyte capsules and continue with two an hour through the rest of the ride and two more at the end.

I weigh 170 and am 5'11, 46 years old. This works great for me and I've never had any problems with my stomach with their products.

Similar Products Used: GU, Power Gel, Carb-Boom, Cytomax
david   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2001]

It's the best stuff ever!!!!!

Mandi   Cross Country Rider [May 24, 2006]
Strength:

Smooth flavor, easy to consume. This stuff does what is says! Easy on the tummy and no nasty aftertaste! I've only tried the raspberry and apple, but both were excellent.

This stuff rocks! It's not loaded with sugar-it's all the good complex carbs you need. I used to get queasy about 15 mins into a ride but this stuff provides enough sodium to stop that. Another plus is the customer service from e-caps. They called me when I submitted my first order just to make sure I didn't have any questions and confirm my products were on the way.

Similar Products Used: GU
Tom   Racer [Sep 19, 2000]
Strength:

Half the cost of GU & others. WORKS FOR 30 to 40 MINUTES!! No simple sugars - no packs to litter around. Comes with free flask that holds 5 servings.

I didn't find it until now.

I have used many, many products. I do lots of long endurance events including multi-sport. I was so tired of stomach problem, gas, peaks & valleys. I called the 800 # from the web site(800-366-1977) & got to talk with one of the owners. I ended up ordering hammer gel and endurolytes (electrolyte replacements for the heat here in Hawaii). He actually cared about me as a customer!! I have used several of their products now for three weeks. The difference is like night and day. NO STOMACH PROBLEMS. The hammergel is great and thinner consistency than GU. Easy to get down. Good flavors(banana,orange, raspberry). Just ordered another $100 worth....here in three days!!!!!

Similar Products Used: GU, Powergel, blah blah blah.
Jeff   Cross Country Rider [May 20, 2000]
Strength:

Great marketing idea (see below)

see below

The entire selling point of this product is based on the out-dated concept that all complex carbs raise glucose levels in the blood at a slower, steadier (and thus desirable) rate than all simple carbs. It's been known since the early 80's that this is not always the case. There is a rating system called the Glycemic Index which relates how quickly a carb affects glucose levels in the blood after the carb is ingested. Carbs with high GI values create dramatic spikes in blood sugar (undesirable). Carbs with lower values raise glucose levels at a more moderate, sustained pace (desirable). Sucrose (table sugar)has a GI value of 64. Fructose has a value of 22. Maltodextrin (the complex carb and main ingredient in Hammer Gel) has a value of 105 (the absolute highest of any carbohydrate). There's plenty of info on the internet reguarding this so do some research before buying. I'm giving this product a 5 for clever marketing (and also because my intent is to inform - not to alter the rating of this product which I haven't nor will ever use).

Similar Products Used: Cliff Bar, Power Bar, Cliff Shot, GU, etc.