Gu 2O Hydration Drink Mix Nutrition

2O Hydration Drink Mix

• Staying hydrated and keeping your electrolytes in balance improves performance and keeps your heart rate lower on hot days
  • Even better, the clean, refreshing taste keeps you drinking when you should
  • Formulated to complement the performance benefits of GU Energy Gel
  • Flavors: Lemon-Lime (LEM), Raspberry (RAS), Tango Mango (MAN), Orange (ORF)

• User Reviews (2)

mick   Weekend Warrior [Dec 31, 2007]
    Strength:

Clean taste, not too sweet, simple ingredients list, no artificial dubious junk in it, can drink it all day full strength

I only like the raspberry flavor (having also tried lemon lime and orange).

To be up front, and I have a bias towards the natural, simple, and scientifically supported. I also don't have as much of a sweet tooth as many.

Having done a bit of learning while experimenting with triathalons, I don't see the need for a longer ingredients list than this marvelously simple product. Really, maltodextrin is the key to staying energized, plus a few electrolytes if you're really going for long endurance rides. And you get most of this stuff from solid food anyhow.

This is a great mix - simple, has what you need, and it's drinkable! I'm not one to get excited about these things, but I was a cytomax devotee, bought into their spiel about the unique ingredient performance enhancement etc. The problem for me was that I could only stomach it 1/2 strength, and it left a gummy film in my mouth that required I drink plain water in addition, alternating bottles. With the Gu, I can drink it full strength all day on long, and even feel good washing down my gels and bars with it. enough caloric intake, no sugary overload. Outstanding!

Similar Products Used: Cytomax, gatorade/powerade(ugh)
    OVERALL
    Aaron   Weekend Warrior [Feb 21, 2008]
    Strength:

Refreshing taste (Raspberry is the best), not overly sweet, simple ingredients, works

Its a little hard to get it to mix in cold water, works better mixed in hot water then cooled overnight

I first tried this in 2003 when I had purchased a can of Cytomax and found it made me puke during rides! I was riding with a buddy who had just purchased a can of GuO2 and said he wasn't fond of the taste. So I traded my mostly full can of Cytomax for his mostly full can of GuO2. The GuO2 was perfect for me and is still my favorite (tied with Cliff Shot Electrolyte Drink) because it was simple and works. I would recommend it to anyone who is simply looking for an electrolyte/energy mix without any added (and unnecessary) ingredients

Similar Products Used: Cliff Shot, Cytomax, Gatorade, Homemade Mix ($4 for the same amount)
    OVERALL