Endurox R4 Nutrition

Endurox R4 Nutrition

The only recovery drink proven to replenish muscle glycogen levels 128% more than carbohydrate drinks.

[Sep 26, 2012]
Nat

Strength:

Endurox R4 works. I have tried chocolate milk, protein shakes, Gatorade, water and just eating. Endurox R4 is the only thing that makes a huge difference in how sore I am going to be the next day.

My dieting side hates to consume the 270 calories, 40g sugar, 52g carbs, and then you are suppose to eat within an hour of a strenuous workout. This is not a meal replacement.
It should be taken within 30 minutes of completion of workout which has me in parking lots making my drink.

I love it and I am addicted. After any long ride or run I make a straight line for my Endurox R4. Nothing I have tried comes close to it.

[Aug 21, 2011]
FloridaRunner

Strength:

- Muscle fatigue is delayed during workouts
- Muscle soreness is significantly reduced after long/hard runs

- Requires consuming LOTS of water
- Does not mix well w/o stirring or shaking

I really didn't know what to expect because I'm very skeptical of product reviews, but Endurox R4 does work far better than CytoCarb, MuscleMilk or Gatorade for recovering from long runs. My long runs are all over 14mi, and when I'm taking Endurox R4 my muscles are not as fatigued as they used to be. It feels like the lactate threshold is increased during long runs, so it prolongs hitting a physical wall-of-fatigue. The real reason I'm sticking w/this product is because when I'm done w/a 20 miler, my legs don't hurt so so bad anymore. Previously, after a 20 mile run, I used to almost collapse and crawl to the refrigerator upon arriving home because of the damage done to the muscles, but now the pain in my legs is significantly reduced. And now I don't look like an idiot crawling around in the kitchen :-) So for those who may be undecided on spending the $$$ on this product, I recommend giving it a shot. Just remember, drink LOTS of water, otherwise you'll be cotton-mouth thirsty.

CytoCarb

[Dec 07, 2010]
EFM

Strength:

Finally found a product that does what it says it will do.
No pain after many long runs and major work outs.

Finally found a product that does what it says it will do.
No pain after many long runs and major work outs. After being side lined for many months went out and over did it, but during and after the run/workout I sipped on an Endurox drink and the next day absolutely no muscle pain. Amazing

[Apr 06, 2010]
Eve the Runner not biker

Strength:

I do not have the sore muscles I usually have after a long run. The recovery is terrific

I really don't think I have blood sugar problems, but if I run long, drink EnduroxR4 and then wait longer than 1 hour to eat, I crazy. Almost pasted out in the store last week. I was having all the symptoms of very low blood sugar. Wish someone could tell me what that is all about. It has happened to me several times. I weigh under 110 and barely use 1 scoop. I have never experienced a blood sugar drop like that unless I'm on Endurox.

Great stuff and I'll continue to use it on my long runs, but I guess I just have to eat along with it.

Gatorade

[Nov 10, 2009]
Dave Wright

Strength:

Good taste (Lemon Lime & Tangy Orange) encourages drinking
Right balance of carbs, protein, and electrolytes
Mixes easily
Bottles wash out easily apres-ride

Expensive @ MSRP; get a discount

Note that I am using this drink during rides, and often one right after. I've tried lots of approaches, and this one simply works. I often ride well past the point of glycogen exhaustion, so I am riding "on my stomach". Two bottles, a 12 oz. Nalgene flask full of powder, and water sources alogn the route are all I need to enjoy 6 - 8 hours on the bike.

Gatorade (too sugary & thin tasting; needs some protein)
Water + dry carbs or gels/blocks (disrupts ride flow & slow to digest)
Accelerade (reluctant to mix; trashes bottles)
Podium (even more expensive)

[Dec 26, 2008]
Cvanliere

Strength:

Less sore on the morning after, feel good right after drinking

Expensive for what the ingredients are

Remember using it the first time and was surprised. A friend laughed and said you could just take Gatorage with a Vitamin E and B pill. I've tried various substitutes and it does not seem to work quite the same. However, the price is quite high for the ingredients involved. Everyone is different, but mixed with one scoop of AKG powder ($10/bottle Vitamin Shoppe, yellow box) and don't remember anything feeling so good after a long ride. Bananas are really good for the $$ during rides, Endurox is a really good recovery drink, but seems too expensive for the ingredients, but it works fairly well. Great if you are highly devoted to riding.

GU, Clif, Powerbar, Monster, Various home mixes, Protein mixes, etc.

[Oct 25, 2008]
Rotors93

Mike rated this product 1 star
Sat, October 25,2008:
I would have taken the old Lemon Lime formula to my grave with me and I am only 36. Yet the new formula has me looking elsewhere as it doesn't mix well unless you blend it and I don't feel mentally there for several hours as I did right away with the old formula. Why change a good, OK great product? :-(

[Feb 13, 2006]
jason

Strength:

The powder mixes more easily with water than some others I've tried. I read bad reviews about fruit punch flavor so I haven't tried it. I've only used Vanilla because I tried that first and absolutely love the taste. No kidding - I would choose that taste over many desserts. I just ordered my first chocolate but haven't tried it yet.

Most places grossly overprice this stuff. Online you can find 28 serving canisters for under 30 bucks. In most big name stores they charge that much for 14 servings. My high chili rating in Value category only assumes you get a good price. The more common high price is way too much.

As far as I can tell it works as advertised - though hard to prove that. The vanilla at least tastes awesome. Might take a little online research to find a good price.

various

[Feb 13, 2004]
Lisse

Strength:

Easy and quick to chug down after a long or hard work-out.

Can't think of any. The tangyness took a little getting use to, but it has really grown on me!

I love this stuff and swear by it after hard rides and runs, as do several of my friends. I love the faster recovery time and reduced soreness. I haven't done a lot of research on why/how it works, but it really does seem to!

If you haven't tried it, GIVE IT A SHOT!!

Carbo mixes (gatorade, ultra fuel, etc.)

[Feb 13, 2004]
Charlie Knoll

Strength:

Greatly improves recovery, makes you stronger for the next ride, tastes refreshing (especially shaken), price per serving is best out there for portable recovery drinks

I believe the most important aspect of a racer's nutrition is to get a good protein recovery drink immediately following any significant workout or race. I have used typical weightlifting recovery drinks and jogmate for years, but I have noticed a significant improvement in recovery using Endurox. Over the past 2 months, I have begun using Endurox for recovery after indoor base training rides and have noticed a significant improvement in wattage output at both light and high intensities. Also, it tastes great when shaken with cold water, a little ice and fruit juice or milk.

EAS Quick Stir Protein, Jogmate