Clif Shot Nutrition

Shot

Clif Shot Energy Gel is a fast-acting, easy-to-digest energy gel with 24 grams of carbohydrates -- your body's preferred source of fuel during exercise. Within two to ten minutes, Shot's carbohydrates (both simple & complex) and electrolytes hits your bloodstream, working to sustain your overall endurance and coordination. One little packet packs a punch. Each Clif Shot has sodium, potassium, and magnesium -- electrolytes essential to helping you maintain hydration and allow your muscles to properly function. The Clif Shot Energy Gel 24 Pack comes in eight flavors -- Chocolate, Chocolate Cherry - Turbo, Citrus, Double Espresso - Turbo, Mocha, Razz Sorbet, Strawberry, and Vanilla. The two Turbo Clif Shot flavors each have 100mg of Caffeine -- about the equivalent to a cup and a half of coffee. Shot comes in a box of 24.

Pedaldown   Weekend Warrior [Feb 19, 2012]
Strength:

It tasted ok.

I think it is more me than the product, but the texture of the "gu" type products freaks me out. Tastes ok, but the texture is thick and my I would rather eat sand.

The taste was not bad, but the texture freaked me out. I might try some of the espresso flavored gels to see if I like them more.

Jennifer   Cross Country Rider [May 28, 2009]
Strength:

organic, natural, great taste

it works

Almaden Mike   Cross Country Rider [Jun 24, 2008]
Strength:

This is for the Dbl Expresso flavor only: It tastes the best of any of the gooey stuff out there. The espresso in it really helps to cut down the insane sweetness that the other flavors/brands all have.

Unless you like a mouthful of epoxy, the texture still sucks

Of all the quick energy products out there, the Clif Dbl Expresso Shot is my favorite and the only goo style that I'll use. I's the only one that doesn't taste like diabetes in a tube.

Similar Products Used: Power Gel, Gu, Other Clif Shot flavors
Paul   Cross Country Rider [Aug 13, 2007]
Strength:

Taste!!!! is there really anything else?

This is the best carb shot I've ever tried and will not really try anything else because these are so good

Similar Products Used: none
Josh   Weekend Warrior [Apr 10, 2004]
Strength:

tastes great--at least the Razz Sorbet does. I've also used the Vanilla--good, but not as good as the Razz. They give you energy, so do what they are supposed to.

Texture is like grease. Texture weirded me out at first, but now I am used to it. Price. Get them on sale--got a 24 pack for $30, a different time I picked a 24 pack up on sale for $16--which I think should be the normal price.

These are the only product I have tried yet, so I can't compare them to others. These do seem to do the trick, though, as long as you can get past the sticky, grease-like texture. Water is necessary, escpecially with the Vanilla; the Razz isn't as bad. However,you will probably drink water when you break to suck one down, anyway, so it isn't a big deal. Give it a shot.

Similar Products Used: Once tried a powerbar years ago--the most disgusting thing I ever put in my mouth!
Gordon   [Apr 23, 2003]
Strength:

Cheap, tastes alright, and works fast!

the taste is awful... but better than powergel.

The stuff is awesome, and i hear mixing them into 500mL of water makes it a decent sports drink (though i have a fear of trying that one). The stuff gets into your body really quick, escpecially when you feel like you're gonna just die. The instructions say one shot / 45 minutes... uh... i think that is if you only take water and clifshots only. I don't think i could stomach one every 45 min.

Similar Products Used: Powergel and other stuff i don't remember the name of
FritzMan   Racer [Apr 16, 2003]
Strength:

Ease of consumption. Texture and taste (chocolate). Cool package design to keep lid and package as one piece - even when open. Works great.

Price?

Compared to the PowerGel I like the Clif Shot more. It's easier to empty the contents because of a larger opening, smaller size, and more liquid-like texture. Taste is great (like chocolate syrup).

I like the fact that there's an extra tab running from the lid to the package body. That way you can tear off the top, but it still remains attached to the package so you don't have to deal with two pieces.

I also have to say for me it appears to have a better energy kick than PowerGel.

Similar Products Used: Powerbar PowerGel
nick   Racer [Oct 15, 2001]
Strength:

Good energy

TASTE IS HORRIBLE! You cant get it down your throat unless you have a drink with it.

Rather have a powerbar or redevil

Ryan   Racer [Jul 25, 2003]
Strength:

thiner than gu. Better taste than gu.

doesn't seem to work as fast as gu.

This product does what it says, but it dosen't seem to kick in for about 10 mins even with water. Gu is a little thicker but kicks in in about 2 mins with water. If you don't like one product or you want to see what else is avalible try Gu or Clif Shot. If you are actually in a race taking one every half hour will aid in a quicker recovery time.
Well I hope this helps.