Champion Nutrition Revenge Nutrition

Champion Nutrition Revenge Nutrition

Champion Nutrition Revenge

[Nov 21, 1999]
Andrew T

Strength:

not quite sure... turned my hydrapack bladder cool green color!

not quite sure... at the end of a race you start to want to drink just plain old water

I'm a little confused by the other reviews. I dont mind the taste that much, although the thought of drinking tropical mango makes me puke. At the end of my last race I was ready for some good clean water. I haven't had any problems with using revenge with my hydrapack (rip off of camelback). Just push in and out of onto the bag on yoru back and it will move them particles around.

cytomax

[Oct 03, 1999]
Todd Scott

Strength:

Got two cans for free

Taste

The taste is absolutely terrible from the initial sip to the lingering, chemical aftertaste. The texture is gritty.My experience on endurance races/rides is your drink must provide four main benefits: water, light carbs, electrolytes, and refreshment. I've had equivalent success with watered-down Gatorade as I've had with weak lemonade with a pinch of salt. This is based on my racing (4 x Leadville 100, 2 x Iditasport, 6 x 24 Hours of Canaan) and the long training rides which got me there. Don't buy the hype on these magic powders.Anyway, I lost one of my cans and was bummed. I'm not bummed anymore and I'm throwing my other can away.

All major sports drinks

[Sep 24, 1999]
rick chittick

Strength:

i guess it does what it's supposed to. hard to tell.

gives me gas. gave my co-workers gas, too. but then again, maybe that's what's supposed to make you faster.

just a fair warning, the tropical BLAST flavor SUCKS!!!! it's like drinking sandpaper. not sand, mind you, but actually drinking paper with sand glued to it. it's pretty tough to stomach. they figgered this one out over at champion, however, so keep an eye out for tropical MANGO, which actually goes down smooth as milk.

cytomax, gatorade, jogmate, beer, coke, pepsi, sunny d, the purple stuff, lime pixel stix.

[Sep 10, 1999]
edzo

Strength:

Works really well on long rides -only-

will not work in a camelbak properly because the SERC's will settle and clog the hose. good in an h2o bottle because you can shake it each time you grab it

The bottom line is: This is a great beverage for water bottles and LONG rides. I mean this stuff really kicks in for the long haul, 3 hours and above. That's why USPostal gets good results and any roadie will get good results. BUT not in a camelbak ! the deal with revenge is the time-release pellets (they call them SERC's) they don't dissolve they are to be digested whole, and in a camelbak they will sediment to the bottom and your first few sucks will be clogged with them. so use only a watterbottle and shake each time you drink it. MAJOR DRAWBACK to revenge is: for NORBA MTB XC racing I do not recommend it ! it is too heavy on the stomach for all out sprints like XC races. I get burps/nausea with revenge for the first 2 laps before I get used to it...never with Cytomax. road racing, hell, the warmup phase is NOT as intense as MTB, so revenge works good road, bad MTB. if you have an MTB epic ride then you will want revenge. I have to give it 3 flamers, because actually Cytomax is better overall for both sports. Revenge truly is superior when your event lasts long time. too barfy early in the game, however. revenge makes great recovery drink 1 bottle only

Cytomax

[Aug 17, 1999]
Steve
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

One drink that does it all; not too sweet; actually works as advertised

the taste is not for everyone; turns your CamelBak bladder an interesting lime green; color; price

If you're serious about performing your best on longer rides, then get Revenge - this stuff will definitely give you an extra boost. I get cramps from most fluid replacement drinks, but not from this Revenge - plus, Revenge provides much more than just fluid replacement. One more thing - in reading some of the rider diaries from the Tour de France, I noticed that Lance Armstrong & team relied heavily on Revenge. I figure whatever Lance selects for the toughest bike race on the planet is good enough for me!

Exceed, Cytomax
PowerBar, Clif Bars

[Feb 18, 2005]
Monty

Strength:

Tastes as good/better as any other performance drink (Tropical Mango)

Reduced my performance and caused muscle cramps on long rides. Chromium Picolinate is known to cause cramps in some people. Caused my heart rate to rise well above where it should be for the effort. I didn't realize this at first because I had just started using it this season after 2 months off, but the first ride without it was almost unbelievable in the gains I had made literally over night. I continue to make substantial gains without the Revenge Pro (using Accelerade only). When I was using Revenge Pro the gains were very slow in coming. I train with a Polar 625X with the power option so I know this is not just my perception.

It looks great on paper with an impressive list of ingredients, with the potential to replace several other high priced supplements, but for me, it does not come close to the advertised claims. I will stick with Accelerade, Optygen and R1.

Accelerade, Cytomax, Gatorade, Powerade, Optygen, Endurox, R1

[Aug 24, 2004]
Erik

Strength:

Considerable difference in endurance and speed

Taste and texture - only drink this before a ride

I would never drink this during a ride, just slam a 16 oz glass before a ride. I am amazed at my endurance, especially when I ride with those dreadfully fast riders(you know the type). Not a good idea for evening rides as it has a lot of stimulants.

gatorade

[Sep 27, 1999]
Dave W.
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

I got a nice water bottle with the can????

Taste
Texture

This stuff is designed for water bottles only. As the other posters have mentioned, if you try it with a Camelbak, the non-dissolving ingredients settle. The can says to shake the bottle before every sip, but this is not an option with a CB.The taste is also worse with a CB, I'm not sure why. I can drink it mixed in a glass and it's ok, but out of a CB tube mid-race, it tastes like bile.I tried this in events that were below or equal to 2 hrs. In those, I felt worse than in similar events where I used Cytomax. I cant comment on Revenge's efficacy for epic rides, but, since Cytomax has worked for epics and also the 2-hrs rides, I'm sticking to Cytomax as it seems to work better in all applications.

Cytomax
Powerade
All-Sport

[Aug 10, 2004]
Josh

Strength:

BOING!!!

Not a bedtime beverage. Not for people with heart problems or caffeine issues.

I agree this is not for hydro pouches, but in a bottle you'll feel a definite boost over Cytomax.

I use it more for hockey than for biking, because in flat Ohio I rarely bike long/hard enough to need it- I use better-tasting CytoMax for that.

On nights when I didn't have it, it was sorely missed. It keeps you sharper- reduces mental as well as physical fatigue, and I don't have trouble with gasping for air between shifts when I'm on it.

A couple nights when I had it, I plaid 3 back-to-back hour-long ice hockey games and didn't bonk, then went home and still didn't get to sleep until 6am. Nothing like laying in bed with heart palpitations and cold sweat, knowing you need to get up for work in 45 minutes, and you haven't slept yet.

This stuff will keep you up ALL NIGHT! You're girlfriend will LOVE it. ;)

Cytomax, Ripped Force, Red Bull, Restricted-Access Diet Pills