Carb Boom! Energy Gel Nutrition

The Carb Boom Energy Gel Nutritional Supplement is made with real fruit for both short and long-term energy and is available in five unique flavors! Made with real fruit for both short and long-term energy.

Wedge007   Racer [Jun 12, 2008]
Strength:

I often have had trouble with the other product and my stomach and even with getting it down, as it is harder for me to even swallow their product" nasty"

Carb-BOOM is by far the most superior product on the market today. It has just the right amount of carbohydrates, tastes great and is easily digested even during the most grueling moments of a race.

Similar Products Used: Gu, Hammer, Clif, E-Gel, Enervit, PowerGel,
snyder   Cross Country Rider [Aug 26, 2007]
Strength:

great flavors, works great, It always helps me add the miles on. I go nowhere with out it!!!! Run, Ride, or Hike

None that I have seen

I use no other!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Power gel, cluff shot, GU
stock   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2002]
Strength:

TASTE! TASTE! TASTE!

NONE! NONE! NONE!

I use gels for long mtb rides and road bike centuries -- and these things really fit the bill. Great taste and no chemicals or extra crap. Use these for a month and you won't be able to stomach any of the others ever again. Seriously, they taste clean and simple -- not like some toxic factory in the middle of Minnesota. I mean, have you ever tried the PowerGel -- we're talking vomit -- just what you need when you're dying on the trail/road. And most of the Clif Shots aren't any better. Clif's Sonic Strawberry tastes like diesel fuel. And bad diesel fuel at that.

GU is acceptable -- depending on which flavor. Decide to try one of their goofy fruity flavors and trust me, you'll be looking for an airplane sickness bag. (Another use for your Camelbak?)

This company needs better advertising and better exposure. If more people knew about them -- they'd switch. I don't know anyone who hasn't stolen one of mine and then headed to www.carbboom.com to find some of their own.

(And no, I don't work for them. I just like the product.)

Similar Products Used: All of 'em. GU, Power, Clif, etc.
Maggie   Cross Country Rider [Dec 14, 2001]
Strength:

Taste, taste and taste ! Finally a double caffeinated gel that doesn't have any caffeine bite. None of the "gag factor" of powergel, gu or that super sugary clif shot.

After suffering through all the other gels, I have found carb-BOOM to be a superior product. They taste better and are not as thick or sugary as other gels. I have loved the apple cinnamon flavor, which tastes just like an apple pie, for the past year, but now I have a new favorite. I used a packet their new Vanilla Orange last week- wow !

The double caffeine caught my eye- (50 mg in each packet). It is so good - reminded me of a those 50-50 ice cream bars. Anyway, this gel is easy to get down and gave me the boost I need to finish my long ride.

Funny story- my friend who absolutely will not take energy gels (said they were horrible) was riding with me and bonked badly. I convinced her to try just a little of the apple flavor- she tasted a little bit, gave a thumbs up and then took the whole packet. We made it home fine and she went right out and bought a box of the stuff !

They offer a nice variety of flavors, strawberry kiwi, banana peach, apple cinnamon and vanilla orange. The label of ingredients indicates that they use real fruit in the product, not food flavorings which is a plus. Carbboom also has the lowest amount of simple sugars than the other gels, and the same number of calories/carbohydrates as the other gels.

Bottom line- a great energy gel that works.

Similar Products Used: gu, clif shot, powergel
Keith Lawrence   racer [Sep 29, 1998]

I was introduced to Carb Boom at the Tour of the North (NI`s national tour) and used it as a race food and as a recovery aid after stages. Its a gel food but not like H5 or powergel, its more like a fruit paste and tastes loads more natural. Flavours at the moment are Cinnamon/Apple with a Strawberry/Banana version coming out soon. It comes in small tubs with foil lids which makes it pretty useless for a riding food in the packet, but you can buy a kind of toothpaste tube arrangement with a bottle valve on the top. This holds two tubs worth (which works out at around 750 kcals)and is a much better arangement for riding food. I found the best way to use it was to take half the tube (1tub) about 20 mins before the event and keep the rest in your jersey for during the event. Combined with a carb drink (PSP22 is my fave) it is perfect for road races up to around 100 miles. Everyone I`ve talked to likes the flavor and while not the most plesant thing to be gobbling down, it does help avoid mid race bonk.
The only real drawback is getting some on your bike or hands, it dries really sticky and is tough to scrub off your frame ~~laugh~~.
Well, thats my view anyhow.Mail me : Lawrence-KS@ulst.ac.ukAdios.........

Sharon Inamoto   [Apr 16, 2001]
Strength:

GREAT TASTE - I'm a big baby when it comes to eating power bars, power drinks, etc., BUT I like this one (apple/cinnamon). Easy to get down.

Its a little sticky if you get it on your hands but a small price to pay. Hard to find in stores - only found 2 places in LA to get it.

I'm a hiker not a biker but it works for me. Finally, I've I found something I can stomach for that extra energy! Discovered this at the LA Marathon Expo.

Similar Products Used: Also use GU (chocolate) - this is pretty good too!
Mike Carey   Racer [Jun 08, 2000]
Strength:

Flavor and price

packaging- you need to put it into a flask for during race/workout, but the tubs are fine for snacks at home BEFORE a workout.

I had never used this product until this year- I worried that the apple would upset my stomach (apple juice gives me a belly ache big time)- but I have had no such problems.

I gave it the big test at Wildflower Half-Ironman this year- at mile 10 on the run, I grabbed a Power Gel (Tangerine) and my flask of Carb-BOOM and did a taste comparison test. There was no comparison- the Carb-BOOM tasted so much better, felt more settled in my stomach and was overall much more palatable.

I have used GU/Power Gel/etc/etc during several Ironman distance races and pretty much get sick of them after about 2 or 3 ounces. I seem to be able to take the Carb-BOOM for hours and it still tastes good. 2 thumbs up !!

Similar Products Used: GU, Power Gel, Ultra Gel, Hammer Gel
Thomas Clark   [Aug 11, 2002]
Strength:

great taste, easy to get down, doesn't come back up !

needs bigger packaging

I did a complete test of all products/all flavors recently. Used them under different situations (long rides, hard rides, trail runs) to see what worked the best and hands down, Carb-BOOM smoked the others. I was skeptical at first of this new product, but now I use nothing else.

They have 4 flavors- Banana peach (very mild), Strawberry Kiwi (smooth and clean), Apple cinnamon (wow ! amazing taste) and Vanilla orange (double caffeine and damn good too).

Besides the taste and consistency of the product, I also like the ingredients- clean and natural. They dont add any vitamins and other junk that you don't need during exercise. The main energy comes from maltodextrin (like the others), and the flavoring is real fruit (concentrates and purees), not food flavoring like the others.

BOTTOM LINE -> best gel on the market.

Similar Products Used: gu, hammer gel, clifshot, powergel, leppin.
Blake   Cross Country Rider [Aug 05, 2002]
Strength:

it is a gel

tastes bad( has medicine twang to it) and is alittle too liquidy for easy eating while rideing

i perfer powerbar gels becauce they have the best taste and consistancy, along with to me one of the best energy aids. ( i like the straberry banana and would recomend staying away from the lime and green apple(too tart and tangy to be enjoyed while exerting yourself)