Balanced Audio Technology Bar Nutrition

chaseconnely   Racer [Apr 29, 2011]
Strength:

Tastes good

SUGAR OVERLOAD!!!

I wouldnt reccommend these bars. There was way too much sugar..not even a natural sugar, but straight up white sugar. Way too much. It's just a candy bar. Tastes good though!

Nick   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2001]
Strength:

Decent taste, some are even really good. Small size makes them easy to steal, thus countering the disadvantage of the high cost. (sarcasm.)

They're vitamin-fortified candy bars. I have an insanely fast metabolism- I can eat a full meal and be hungry in an hour and a half- so I notice what energy bars are doing to my body. Clif bars keep me in action for an hour; these things leave me feeling sweaty and sugar-rushed.

Eat a banana and save yourself a dollar and a half. These things have far too much sugar and not nearly enough complex carbs, leaving me feeling all gross and sugar-buzzed. Not good in the Arizona heat. If you live someplace cold you might like the sugar more, but my metabolism isn't working to keep me warm around here. If you must have an energy bar eat a Clif. They're delicious.

Similar Products Used: Clif, 151, You Are What You Eat, MetRX, Powerbar, Powerbar Harvest, most everything else
Paul   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2001]
Strength:

Taste and vitamin content.

Low protein, inconsistent quality, high price for size. The retail is $1.50. ALWAYS BUY IN PERSON AND SQUEEZE EACH BAR. Otherwise you might get a box of very dry bars. DO NOT BUY HARD BARS YOU MIGHT AS WELL EAT CHALK.

I prefer the chocolate flavor and variants. The moist ones are better than candy but the dry ones are just awful. I have no idea why so many bad batches get thru - Balance QC really sucks. Use the procedure described above when purchasing. Contains canola oil--ppl w/bad hearts should avoid. Wait for sales ($0.99 ea.) and watch for bad batches of hard tough bars.

Similar Products Used: Metrx fudge brownie is better for heavy workouts and is quite good.
Ellen Cook   weekend warrior [May 18, 1998]

Well, since trying the zone and using the balance bars for a quick breakfast, I've been pleased in terms of the turn around and how filling the bars are. Powerbars are gritty and leave an awful taste in the mouth. I do agree with the writer concerning your Toasted Crunch. .... ucky. Other than that, I can have chocolate and not feel guilty!

Sue   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2001]
Strength:

not sure yet

they make me gag

These bars are so dense and chalky, they make me gag. I ordered a box of them. I tried one, and my husband was stuck eating the rest of them.

Sorry - I'm sticking to my Luna bars and URwhatUeat.

Similar Products Used: CLIF, Luna, URwhatUEat
Bobby   [Apr 08, 2000]
Strength:

taste, have enough vitamins to make a meal out of one

variety pack has poor choice of bars that are in it

Easier to eat than powerbars which are too chewy and taste pretty bad. These bars taste so good, especially the chocolate rasperery fudge and the chocolate banana ones. The only thing is that in the variety pack, there aren't any chocolate banana ones. They have 4 chocolate, 4 yogurt honey peanut (those are really good too), 4 almond brownie, and only 3 chocolate rasperry fudge. Whats up with that!!!

Similar Products Used: Powerbar, Clif Bar
me   Racer [Dec 16, 1999]
Strength:

Great for a recovery, very nutritional

texture, melts in heat

Very tasty little bar. The texture is a little funny, but is great after a ride. Filled with vitamins and has protein which helps muscle recovery. Easy to chew and swallow. If the could just work on the texture it would be great.

Similar Products Used: Clif, power bar, Met-Rx bars, ect...
James Doanes   Weekend Warrior [Sep 10, 1999]
Strength:

No real strengths

No real weaknesses

This is truly a middle ground bar. Taste is okay, price is okay, rigidity in cooler climates is okay. But unlike the Clif or Steel Bars, this one is just okay. Maybe a change in formula or something would make it a great bar.

Similar Products Used: Clif, Steel, Tiger's Milk, etc.
Joe   Racer [Jul 11, 1999]
Strength:

They are the best, the absolute best. I cannot describe how good they taste and the incredible amount of energy they give me.

What? These things have no weaknesses, I mean none, they are the absolute best and I don't see why any bike shops would stock anything else.

These are the absolute best. I bought a 15 bar case of Mocha and a case of Honey Peanut and I had one of the Mocha bars about 20-30 mins before a race. In the race I had mechanical problems which lose time, but after I got it sorted out I felt absolutely explosive-and after the race, instead of sitting on the ground with my legs burning and gulping water as fast as I can shove it down, I rode around a little bit to cool down! Absolutely amazing. Both flavors I tried are absolutely great, too. The honey peanut is like a chocolate covered candy bar, and the Mocha is awesome tasting. These are great, but just don't give any to your opponents!
Joe

Similar Products Used: Power Bar
Clif Bars
John G   weekend warrior [Feb 07, 1999]

Overall, I really like Balance Bars. But, the ingredient labeling seems to be inconsistent. On some bars, the ingredients state that the product May contain traces of various nuts. Others, such as Raspberry Fudge used to NOT say this (which lead me to believe that didn't have nuts in them...) Bad assumption. Newer bars (also Raspberry Fudge) are now labeled to have nuts. SO, bottom line -- If you are allergic to nuts like me, and some people are VERY allergic, be careful about these because the labeling does not seem to be accurate.