Accelerade Sports Drink Nutrition

Accelerade Sports Drink Nutrition

ACCELERADE is the most significant advance in sports drink research in 35 years. Developed by leading exercise physiologists, ACCELERADE is the first sports drink that provides rapid hydration plus the added benefits of all natural protein to re-energize muscles during exercise and help muscles recover faster after exercise. Only ACCELERADE contains the patented 4-1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein to speed the movement of carbohydrate energy into muscles. Studies at leading sports science labs show that protein-powdered ACCELERADE extends endurance up to 24% compared to a conventional sports drink and up to 57% compared to water. If you're serious about your exercise, advance to ACCELERADE.

price - size
$10.99 - 12 servings
$23.99 - 28 servings
$39.99 - 56 servings

Flavors: Blue Raspberry, Fruit Punch, Orange, Lemon Lime

[Nov 24, 2013]
Louie Cardinale

Strength:

A friend told me this stuff would help me with recovery and it does. No Cramps! The fruit punch flavor is ok and no stomach issues at all.

None yet but I hear the lemon lime is not the best tasting.

I was cramping on medium rides and I needed something for recovery as well. Accelerade helps with all the above and I have not had any of the stomach issues that others have talked about. The only reason I didn't give it 5 chili's is because the only other drink I had tried was gatorade.

[Mar 29, 2013]
Ken

Strength:

I have been coaching high school, age-group, and Masters Swimming for over 30 years. Including into our training program at every level has had incredible outcomes. First of all it simply alleviates cramping altogether, secondly it does provide for greater endurance (especially for my elite & muscular male and female athletes) lastly at the training level that my elite athletes endure it is almost impossible for them to get the amino acids, carbohydrates, and protein they need in order to perform at the highest level (without having a dietician on staff). For me, a successful Open Water competitor, it is the only supplement that I have ever used and the only supplement I would ever recommend to other swimmers. Plus the Orange tastes great, like an Orange Julius.

I get it, if the product doesn't work for you, then don't use it. But really, to recommend against others using it is ludicrous, there is no product that works with 100% of athletes. My recommendation is to try it, if it doesn't give the expected outcome then pass it on to someone else. 100% of the elite athletes that I have given the product to have had miraculous results.

Great product. Use it and you discover for yourself.

[Jul 22, 2012]
Manny

Strength:

I use to ride bikes competively and would always hit a wall after an hour or so....I had to push myself to finish...I heard about this product and I purchased it....Not only did I feel the difference immediately but, I was able to extend my the distance the day after.....I didn't want to believe this was the reason.....So, I stopped using it for awhile only to start having constant pain in my quads....Sometimes unbearable....So, I went back to ACCELERADE and I have seen the difference again....I will KEEP using it....

None...

I LOVE the product and will continue to use it....

[Jul 16, 2012]
Fred

Strength:

Recommended by my daughter, a former olympic XC skier, I have found this to be great for long distance (100-200 km) rides. No digestive problems. Find it can even help to bring me back if bonking or cramping on those rides.
Dissolves well if shaken with bottle half full

All sports drinks taste funny. This is the most tolerable I have found.

[May 05, 2012]
Nathan

Strength:

Recover is great. Have tons of energy throughtout the day

I cant understand these bad reviews this stuff gets. I am a extremely picky person when it comes to things like this (especially with the taste) but me and my wife both love this product. No stomach issues at all...love the taste (Orange). Definitely recommend this product

[Mar 11, 2012]
joe

Strength:

it might have some but i couldn,t use long enough to find any.

i couldnt use at all,,, like others said i got terrible cramps tried it on 4 different training session,,, same results stop running after 3;4 miles with sever cramps

dont use it... two many people getting similiar problem unless you have iron tummy

[Jan 21, 2011]
The Trooper

Consistently caused a terrible gut ache.

I tried this product a few times, but each use put my stomach in knots. I initially thought it could be an anomaly, but the results were always the same -- a terrible gut ache. I threw the rest in the trash.

Cytomax, Gu Electrolyte Brew

[Aug 09, 2010]
athens_04

Taste, Hard to digest, GI track issues

I tried these products do the promise of improved recovery, however just like the last guy I could not tolerate them. The smell and taste was really bad and they made me feel sick.

Try Formula X Sport, this product provides energy and high quality Isolate protein that is soluble and very light in taste. This product is a little expensive but no problems with GI track issues and the taste is very mild; like drinking flavored water.
www.extremesportsdrinks.com

Formula X Sport and Formula X Recovery sold through www.extremesportsdrinks.com

[Jun 28, 2010]
Evan55

Strength:

it didnt rob my house or kill me

everything

Complete junk. I bought these due to their marketing for an endurance race. My first mistake was not trying it out before the race.
This stuff gave me very bad gastrointestinal...distress all during the race. Not until I switched to gatorade did it stop.

My second mistake was not reading the ingredients before using it. After the gastrointestinal problems, I look at the label and the number 1 ingredient is....regular table sugar. Not dextrose, or maltodextrin, regular old sucrose.
The type of protein that is used in it (highly touted as a benefit) is the lowest grade of protein available (concentrate) which is probably what caused the gastrointestinal distress.

This in an expensive premium athletic supplement and there is no excuse for these pathetic ingredients. Dont buy this garbage.

gatorade

[Sep 19, 2009]
carlostruco

Strength:

4:1 Carb to Protein Ration

King of heavy for bottels and hard to clean. Taste is no that good either, but I can live with it.

Actually I switched from using this product while riding my bike to using it at the gym. I train at the gym 3 times a week, resting one or two day and then riding 2 straight days on weekends, and it has really helped me during heavy and intense training. I can push myself longer and harder at the gym and that has translated to faster and longer rides on my bike. On my bike I'm using now water and Accelerade Gels and this combination is doing wonders for me. Definitley a must if you have a routine like mine, since muscles get way too fatiged.

all of them