Tri-Flow Superior Lubricant with Teflon Lube

Superior Lubricant with Teflon

Tri-Flow Superior LubricantThat you know and love now in a convenient aerosol spray. Ideal for chain lubrication in all conditions SHIPPING RESTRICTIONThis item is classified “ORM-D” and cannot be shipped via air. It can only be shipped via ground shipping methods. If you addThis itemTo your cart,The list of available shipping methods will be reduced. For more variety of shipping options, consider removingThis item from your cart (or placing a separate order using a ground shipping method.)

Kevin   [Aug 22, 2012]
Strength:

It's a lube and it cleaned up pretty easily.

Gunks up your drivetrain like nothing else I've ever used.

Wow, I had some of this sitting around and it was in a nice bottle so I took it on a week long mtn bike trip in the backcountry. The only thing I can say positive about it was that it did lube my chain. It also gunked up EVERYTHING and I mean everything. Chain, cassette, sprokets, etc. It did clean up pretty easily but I won't ever use this again. Yes, I put it on correctly and yes, I wiped it off. It just is way to messy for me.

Ben Briant   Cross Country Rider [Feb 04, 2006]
Strength:

Lasts long. Smells good. Does the job.

You go through it. Price..

Good lube, best i've used. Not many words to explain how good it is, but its just a good lube. Highly recommened, won't go near anything else.

Similar Products Used: none
Rocco   [Sep 17, 2002]
Strength:

Easy to apply, need only use very little, its all in the name (SUPERIOR)

None what so ever

This stuff cleans and lubes at the same time, many brands claim this, but Triflow truly does!! All I do to clean my chain now is to wipe it dry with a clean cloth then re-apply. My chain looks like new and gear changing feels alot smoother. There is no need to lube every link because this stuff carries well. The only product I have ever given 5 Chilis!

Similar Products Used: Various Dry waxs and lubes (Dirt and grit magnets)
timothias   Cross Country Rider [Nov 26, 2001]
Strength:

yah man, lube it up, (including your old lady).. makes it purr like a kitten

stinks, might wanna use a wax based on the chain...

yah baby grease it all up..

Similar Products Used: too many
The Weasel   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2002]
Strength:

Lubes well, applies well, even to cables with the small straw applicator.

Works well for all conditions, doesn't attract a lot of dirt; dust yes. multiple use lube solution for all bike parts, except where grease is needed. get to those hard to get to areas with the little straw thingy. works even better if you can lube what you need the night before a ride. i use once every 3-4 rides.

Similar Products Used: white lighting - gave the bottle away and yes i let it dry overnight.
Aaron   Weekend Warrior [Feb 17, 2002]
Strength:

Great lube

I cant find it in a larger size

I bought a bottle of this stuff at a bike shop for $4 and found it on clearance the next day at walmart for a quarter, go figure. It works really good, doesnt leave a lotta mess, and doesnt collect as much dirt as other things Ive seen, namely motorcycle chain lube which is way too thick and messy for bicycles. Try to find this stuff at walmart or a harware store where its cheaper. Enjoy.

Similar Products Used: WD-40
Theodore   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2002]
Strength:

Works
Cheap
Low maintenance

This is the stuff for people who do not feel compelled to overhall their drivetrain after every ride. Sure, the chain is not absolutely silent but in the rain and wet the Triflow is still there. It picks up some dirt, what doesn't. You have dirt-repelling lube then I have some dirt-repelling tires to sell you. Get the Triflow, use it regularly, and don't think the guy silently passing you is doing so because of the lube. He's in better shape and he wanted it more.

Similar Products Used: Not similar, but tried Pedro's Extra Dry
Jim   Cross Country Rider [Oct 26, 2003]
Strength:

This lube penetrates very well and does a nice job of keeping everything running smoothly. Doesn't wash off...

... but it does attract a fair amount of dirt. Makes the chain black.

This is a pretty good lube (a whole lot better than Finish Line crap). My bottle is almost empty so I think I'll start using Pro Link because I've heard it's pretty good.

Similar Products Used: Finish Line Teflon Plus Dry Lube (CRAP!!!)
Vlad   Weekend Warrior [Dec 09, 2006]
Strength:

clean chain, penetrates well, teflon, reasonably priced, easy clean-up

attracts dirt if the chain is not wiped off clean

Tried it before on a lower end drivetrain but stopped because of chainsuck, switched to white lightning wax which seemed to help to reduce it at the time. Decided to try Tri-Flow on my new bike with XTR, boy, it's much better ride, even shifts are much crispier as compared to WL. My theory is that WL gets on cogs and it is too thick for the precision XTR components so it negatively affects the shifting. Seem it will last for at least 2-3 rides. It does attract some dirt but not much even on dusty CA trails, as others said try not to overapply and wipe off your chain clean. Staying with tri-flow.

Similar Products Used: white lightning
Jake   Cross Country Rider [Dec 13, 2001]
Strength:

Clean, effective and lasts.

The vapor (when sprayed) is toxic. Try apply it outdoors to prevent breathing in the stuff.

I used to use Pedro Ice wax on my chains. It gets dirty after every ride. One day out of laziness, I sprayed triflow on to the chain and went out for a ride. Out of my expectation, the triflow held up better that the thick waxed Pedro. It is also cleaner. Ever since that day, I have used triflow for everything on my bike. By the way, for God's sake, don't buy triflow from a bike store...they are over priced in bike stores. You can buy triflow from OHS or any hardware stores for much cheaper.

Similar Products Used: Pedros Ice wax.