Squirtlube Long-Lasting Dry Lube

Long-Lasting Dry

Long-lasting Squirt Dry Lube does not gather dirt. This effective wax/water emulsion improves shifting, reduces irritating dry chain noise, and prolongs the life of your drivetrain by reducing friction and chainsuck.

rubiconaz   Cross Country Rider [Nov 02, 2014]
Strength:

Best lube ever made. Easy to apply and lasts along time. I have been mountain biking here in t.he AZ desert for 25 years and have tried many different lubes, this is by far the best.

None.

Anyone who is having problems with build up, may want to make sure they did not get some of the counterfeit stuff that was distributed out of Utah. If it is real yellow in color and the cap is white and not blue, you most likely have the counterfeit.

Similar Products Used: Pedro's, white lighting, motorvox, purple extreme, pro link, etc.
jparman   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2013]
Strength:

Used this in some mud, sand and other crud and got great results. Much better than the R&R blue/yellow that I was using and way better than boeshield.

none that i've experienced so far

So I was surprised at some of the reviews that I read - I didn't have the same experience. I was using a combination lube prior to this - first was a complete degrease, then an application of boeshield. allow to dry and then an application of blue R&R w/ a good wipedown. The reason for the boeshield first is because R&R never really penetrated or quieted down the squeaks. This worked pretty well or well enough to keep me satisfied until I tried squirt. I applied it over the chain w/o a degrease at first and got good results. Shortly after I applied it after a complete clean/degrease and I got stellar results including a quiet drive. Love not having to worry about the sand and grit and decent length of performance per application. This is the lube that I am going to be using go-forward unless I find something that is easier to work with and/or lasts longer.

Gear_Junkie   All Mountain Rider [Jul 10, 2012]
Strength:

It's easy to apply and distributes itself well.

This lube slows down shifting. It builds up quickly on the gears, pulley wheels, rear derailleur arm, and on the outside of the inner links. It is NOT long-lasting.

I have been testing several of the top recommended chain lubes (ProGold ProLink, White Lightning Clean Ride, and Squirt – a review is written for each one), to try and find the best lube for ME and MY typical riding conditions. Typically, I ride my Fuel EX 8 about 60% on the road (I use it to commute), and 40% on dusty and rocky trails. I don’t typically encounter water, and I specifically avoided it for this test, to keep the playing field equal. Most lubes were used for 50+ miles, except for Squirt (you can read why in the review for this lube). The wax lubes were used on one chain; the dry lubes were used on another; to avoid any type of contamination. In addition, the chains were cleaned with a de-greaser, and then high pressure water, and left to dry completely before applying the lubes. All of the lubes were applied according to their specific instructions. Below are my test results:

I was really hopeful for this lube, and thought it would be my favorite based on the reviews that it’s gotten, and the praise it got from one of the guys at the local bike shop. This lube applies easily, but it is very thick. It applies yellow, and dries clear in about an hour or so. Per the directions, I applied it heavily to the chain and spun the cranks a few times. Based on its thickness, I thought it was going to end up looking gloppy on the chain like the white lightning did. However, the next morning, the lube appeared to distribute itself evenly, and there were no glops on the chain. It did not set up as “dry” as the White Lightning. It dried to a consistency somewhere between a wet lube and a dry lube.

This lube is extremely quiet for the first couple miles. It is fairly quiet for the next 10 miles. Shifting was noticeably less crisp than with the other 2 lubes. After about 20 miles, the chain began to make a lot of noise and shifting was noticeably affected. I was very surprised by this and did another heavy application and let it sit until the next morning. Again, the lube appeared to distribute itself well, with no glops. I experienced the same results as before. I would say this lube is only good for 20 miles for my type of riding conditions. Also, the chain and drivetrain definitely gunked up with this lube. I found that it built up more than the White Lightning. There was quite a bit of buildup on the gears, pulley wheels, rear derailleur arm, and on the outside of the inner links. It was definitely the dirtiest of the 3 lubes I tested.

Obviously, I am extremely disappointed with this lube and would not recommend it. Other than the ease of application, this lube didn’t do it for me.

Similar Products Used: White Lightning Clean Ride
motofix   [Jun 20, 2012]
Strength:

Works like nothing else.

none so far

This is just the best lube I have ever used hands down. Works like White Lightning, but last 3-4 times longer. Need to use way less also. Doesn't wash off in the rain and keeps the mud out.

damagr   Cross Country Rider [Dec 17, 2011]
Strength:

Long lasting, lubes chain

None yet

Previous wax-based lubes I've used don't penetrate the links. Petrol-based penetrate, but didn't last very long. Squirt does both, it's incredible. Even though it's wax-based, it's liquid, doesn't clog in the bottle and doesn't gob up when applied to a cold chain. Weird to submit a review about chain lube, but this stuff is so much better than anything else I've tried I had to hoot about it.

Similar Products Used: Boeshield, ProLink, Tri Flow, etc.
willevans   Racer [Oct 21, 2011]
Strength:

Works. Keeps a quiet drivetrain and doesn't cover the back of your bike in black tar spots. Works in the rain and in the dust. Greatly reduces the buildup of crud on my derailleur pulleys. I use it on my road and mountain bikes.

Expensive when compared to the home brew I was using.

Worth it if you want to minimize abrasive particles sticking to your chain and wearing stuff out.

Similar Products Used: Pedros, Finish Line, Dumond.
lapinGTI   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2011]
Strength:

Good lubrification, stay as other have said.

Wont come off when cleaning with soap, need real degreseaser. I only use bio dish washer soap to clean my bike, work perfectly. But not with this lube... For that i prefer Pedros Wax, if you give it time to dry it stay just as well as squirt lube, but can be clean a lot easyer!

Cleaning easily is important, when you clean you bike after each ride...

Wont buy, i may drop the remining bottle to garbage! That tell you how much i love it...

Similar Products Used: Pedros ice wax, White lightning.
endurance rider   Racer [Jan 02, 2011]
Strength:

Squirt Lube is the most amazing chain lubricant I have ever used. EVERY rider in the Brck Epic seemed to be using this stuff, and these rides are long and very demanding on a drive train. BIG rides through dry, wet, snow, streams, muddy conditions and I never relubed once during a days ride! It should be applied the eve before and allowed to dry, especially in cold conditions, but it NEVER comes off the drive train!

NONE

All other wax lubes do not even come close to the performance of Squirt Lube, don't waste your money on anything else, trust me.

TTTURNER   Cross Country Rider [Jun 30, 2010]
Strength:

Lasts better than any other lube in extreme dust. Non-toxic. A bottle goes a long way.

It takes a while to dry. Not as clean as other lubes. The slimmy application will scare some people. Don't worry, it will dry up leaving a superior protective barrier.

I needed a lube to last on the Idyllwild 24hr course during the summer. The trail has a dry "moondust" that eats drivetrains. All other lubes (Prolink, RocknRoll, White Lightning, Dumonde, Finish Line) are done after about 20 miles. Squirtlube lasts the whole ride and my drivetrain shifts better and stays quiet.

Similar Products Used: You name it!
derby   Cross Country Rider [Mar 30, 2010]
Strength:

Easy to apply right before a ride, and no need to wipe off.

Noisy at first with new drive train after 15 miles, but stays quiet much longer after a few weeks.

Just completed a 1 year test.

In 2 weeks I'll have 1 year staring on a new drivetrain set of FSA rings, XT cogs and SRAM 971 chain using only Squirt dry lube.

I'm amazed to say there is no more than 1/32 wear at most in 12 inches measuring various points around the chain. I really can't see any measurable wear, but there must be a little.

I never cleaned my chain after putting it on new and cleaning off the grease that the chain came with. At first there was some increasingly loud chain noise after about 12 to 15 miles of light dusty spring season trail conditions, and I had to stop and give another dose of Squirt to the chain to ride further without noise. But after a few weeks the lube packed in and the chain broke in and I haven't noticed an excessively noisy chain in less than 25 miles.

We had an especially muddy winter in NorCal coastal range this year. I expected this dry lube would cause chain suck worse than many prior years using Dumond Tech. But besides a few minor sucks in both dry or muddy conditions while shifting to the granny no terminal suck ever occurred, unlike my experience with Dumonde Tech on the worse chain mud-caked days. I guess the Squirt dry lube packed inside the chain for many months without cleaning prevented mud from entering.

I'm convinced Squirt is the best I've ever used. And it's the easiest to apply. No need to wipe off after application, there are no solvents "cleaning the chain" as it is applied. The excess wax flakes off while riding and with it surface dirt. My chain looks very dirty now, but my cogs look clean compared to a wet lube, and this is after a year of never cleaning other than a dry brush a few times knocking dirt off. And unlike any other lube I've tried before, no measured wear that I could see using a 12" ruler. Wow!