Rohloff Oil Lube

Oil

It is based on a synthetic oil and special DCS-additives.

stutho   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2010]
Strength:

Very long lasting
Doesn't wash off even in heavy weather
A little goes a long way

This is a wet lube - as with any wet lube it will attract dust. This is the nature of wet lubes so if you are going to be riding in dusty arid conditions this is not the lube for you.

As you will note my bike uses a Rohloff hub. Bear this in mind with what follows.

I currently have 18,000+ (very wet) road miles on this bike. My first chain lasted 12,000 miles and I predict my 2nd chain will do just as well. The high mileage is no doubt mainly dew to a lack of a de-railer BUT merit must also be given to the lube. This stuff stick to the chain in all weathers - It rains ever 2nd day here and this lube give much better performance than any other wet lube I have tried + you can be very sparing with each application which means that one small bottle goes a long way

Similar Products Used: Purple Extreme, Finish Line wet, Pedros Syn
Pulse-   Cross Country Rider [Jun 05, 2008]
Strength:

last longer on the chain than other chain lubes

price

perfect lube, very efficient 50ml = ~ 5000km I guess I will stick to rohloff, perfect lube!

Similar Products Used: finish line
Jens Jacob   Weekend Warrior [Nov 18, 2002]
Strength:

Stays on the chain, even in very nasty conditions it gives the fines lubrication your chain could ever dream of.

I do not know very much about the chemestry of chain oils but if millions was invested the development could probably be pushed farther.

I did not thought that the perfect chain oil was invented. At least it is perfect compared to all the other i have tried out. It simply lasts longer. When it is completly covered in mud, just use water (the liquid stuff in your bottle) to clean it - the oil will not be washed off.

Similar Products Used: Pedros, finish line, Delta bike oil, different motor cycle chain oils.....
Julio Diaz   Weekend Warrior [Aug 31, 2004]
Strength:

It stays on and stays clean

Not readily available in the US

This is the best chain lube I have ever tried and I have tried alot of them. My friends seem like that are always switching lubes. I have been using Rohloff lube for 5 years! I also bought a 1 liter bottle of the lube so it will last me forever.

This lube is the best period!

Similar Products Used: All of those other POS lubes
luis   Racer [Feb 13, 2008]
Strength:

Super durability and lubrication.

Never put the product in a chain that its not correct clean , if do , the oil mix with the dirty and put all black , like old grease . Still lubricate but the apparence is not nice.

It is the lube , you clean really well the chain and put this oil and you get a brand new chain that is fine for 5 to 7 rides of about 50-75 km each one . All conditions , all weathers , Its fantastic , like you put a new chain each time .

Similar Products Used: pedros teflon , finish line teflon , and finish line cross country , white lightening lube .
Dirk   Racer [Jun 29, 2002]
Strength:

I've had them (almost) all: Finishline, Boeshield, Pedro's, etc. Ultimately, I preferred the wet type lubes applied on a freshly cleaned chain (drop it in kerosene method!).
If you apply a tiny drop on the interfaces between the plates (left and rigt) and backpedal half a minute, you will get a clean and well lubed chain, with any kind of lube. Rohloff is extra good in that it gives a really smooth feel to the chain and stays there for a long time. I can compare the feeling with putting a brand new chain on the bike. It's so good, I immediately ordered a 1 liter (!!!) LBS sized can to last me for the rest of my life! It's that good.

None, whatsoever.

The ultimate lube (for me, after experimenting for about 3 years).

Similar Products Used: Finishline, Boeshield, Shimano, Pedro's in dry, semi-dry and wet variants.
Ifestion Papadam   Downhiller [Oct 20, 2006]
Strength:

Smooth operation, very good and quiet when changing gear, easily cleaned with water.

Get's dirty and gummy in dry conditions and believe me in Greece we have many months of sunny and dry weather so it's not good for mountain rides. I always apply only one drop of oil on each link but stills get quickly dirty and gummy. Maybe for city riding works more cleaner. Too expensive for what it offers.

To my dissapointment i was influenced from the positive reviews of previus users and decided to buy blind the 1 Liter Can instead of trying first the smaller bottle, so now i'm stuck with a too much useless oil. If anyone interests, i will glady sell mine.

Similar Products Used: Weldite Teflon Spray, Wurth Oil Spray, Loctite Chain Lube, Aral Synthetic Oil.
Luka Draskovic   Weekend Warrior [May 06, 2004]
Strength:

Everything, it works great in every condition, mud, dust, wet, you name it, rohloff will do it! And the great thing is if you touch the chain with your hand it wont leave any grease stains on your hand!

This is a fantastic chain lube and i would recomended to everybody! You can do with it any thing you want, drive it through mud, dust, wet condition but it will stand still and lube your chain as it was nothing!

Similar Products Used: My first, my last, my everything!