Rock n Roll Extreme Chain Lube

Includes: 16 oz bottle of extreme 2 dropperTips Applicator bottle SHIPPING RESTRICTIONThis item is classified “ORM-D” and cannot be shipped via air. It can only be shipped via ground shipping methods. If you addThis itemTo your cart,The list of available shipping methods will be reduced. For more variety of shipping options, consider removingThis item from your cart (or placing a separate order using a ground shipping method.)

Matt Hanrahan   All Mountain Rider [Dec 01, 2015]
Strength:

Brushes off easily

Wet weather requires frequent reapplication

Not a bad lube, but I have to take my business elsewhere after learning that the owner of the company (Mark Patterson, an Idaho state representative) lied about his guilty plea for a rape arrest to obtain a concealed weapon permit.

duggus   All Mountain Rider [Jan 15, 2015]
Strength:

It's the best?

To people like MileHighMark about the thickening - YOU HAVE TO SHAKE IT UP before applying. I got this to exclusively use for my fat bike 2 years ago and have been using on all bikes ever since. There is absolutely no problem at cold temps as some have said if you actually apply it correctly. Your chain should not be saturated in it, you are doing it wrong if it is. Pretty simple instructions on the bottle and website. It needs to be rubbed clean as it cleans as well as lubes, if you leave it wet to dry all the muck it cleared out of the links will just turn to goo.

Similar Products Used: Lots and lots of them
Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Dec 13, 2012]
Strength:

Ease to use, keeps chain and clogs clean and makes shifting excellent.

Been using this product from mid May of this year (2012) Was giving a bottle from a friend for a b-day present. I applied as the directions said. Rode to meet friends about two miles from my house at trailhead. I noticed the chain didn't make a sound and the shifting was sweet. Yea but I was on the road with a fresh lubed chain. Hit the trails and my shifting was spot on every time even under load. When I got home after about three hours of riding, I hung up my bike and the chain was like it hadn't see any single track. I ride 4 to 5 times a week and always get in 2 to 3 hours in. I'm still on my chain and it shows almost zero wear.

Similar Products Used: Tried them all
DudeNudem   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 2012]
Strength:

Easy to use, keeps chain lubed, extends component life

Love this stuff! I use it regularly and it does a great job keeping my chain clean - it doesn't seem to overly attract dirt and it also repels water. Using it couldn't be easier, just squirt it liberally over the chain as you turn the crank until it is well covered. Then use a cloth to remove as much of the lube as possible, then you are ready to roll!

tc21   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2011]
Strength:

I have never seen a chain look and roll so good! Just follow the directions and you'll see the reasons this lube gets great reveiws.

I tried this product because it was recomended. It works great! All kinds of conditions in the north east and this lube worked wellin all of them. Just apply as needed. Your chain will not as though it has gone through hell and back.

Ash T. Abula   Downhiller [Apr 05, 2011]
Strength:

Withstands wet rides, lasts longest of any lube I've used, keeps chain clean, easy to apply.

If you don't follow the directions (which includes keeping the lube warm, read the label), you might find it doesn't work very well.

Best lube on the market for my purposes: from my regular 3-4 hr weekday rides to my all-day rides in alpine conditions with wetness and mud likely on many rides... this is the best lube I've used.

Rock and Roll Gold works nearly as well but is not quite as resistant to wetness. I use Gold in the dry period (4 weeks or so in high summer) and Extreme all other times.

Remember to follow the directions -- it will make a big difference in how well the lube works. After you've used RnR lubes for a while you'll get to know just how much excess to put on before spinning the cranks to work it in. Remember to wipe it dry after applying. And it works best if you can lube the night before, if possible.

Similar Products Used: RnR Gold, ProLink Gold, White Lightning, TriFlow Dry, TriFlow wet, Pedro's SynLube
david_asulin   Weekend Warrior [Jan 27, 2011]
Strength:

Keeps Chain clean
Good lubrication
(See full review)

Doesn't last long
(See full review)

Please read my full review at:

MileHighMark   Cross Country Rider [Dec 22, 2010]

If you need to apply this when the temp is below 45f, don't even bother. It thickens to the consistency of uncooked spaghetti sauce, and will not penetrate the links. You end up with a blue chain, blue cogs, and blue chainrings. Oh, and you also get nice chainsuck and poor shifting, too.

Polyalp   Cross Country Rider [Jul 01, 2010]
Strength:

It works like a charm. Now I have a nice quiet, clean and well lubed chain and drive-train.

None as of yet. But, I will probably change over during the winter season.

It works (period). Buy it online, most cycle shops overprice it (if you can find it).

Ericmopar   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2009]
Strength:

Like others have already said, it works better than any other lube I've tried, and I've tried a lot over the years.
It works very well in our dry climate.

You have to make sure it's shaken very thoroughly so the white stuff at the bottom is all mixed in good.

I've used this stuff on my road and mountain bikes to great success.
It will attract some dirt (all lubes will, including "dry" ones) but when put onto a chain that has be cleaned of other lubes and wiped off like they say, it works great.
It will last for at least one ride, sometimes two, and builds up way less crap, even when it hasn't rained here in the desert for months.
(Note: That is off road riding in extreme dust and sand, when used on road bikes, it will last much longer.)

I recommend this to riders in a dry climate for sure. I can't say about wet, that's for others to say.
It's a great lube, just follow the instructions to the letter and it will work.
It's great for trail riding and works even better on the road.
In this case, the hype is real.

Similar Products Used: Finish Line, White Lightning, 3 in 1, 30wt Valvoline, Prolink Gold, Park Tools lube, etc.

A lot more that those...