ProLink ProGold Luber Lube

ProGold Luber

Prolink Progold is one ofThe most respected chain lubes around, it helps reduce friction and wear, allowing smoother operation of your chain and cables, and it will keep your chain and driveTrain area clean and seemingly drag free. Sheds debris and reduces build-up Wont attract grime

fbastos   Racer [Sep 12, 2009]
Strength:

Very easy to apply, does not overlubricate. Does not make an enourmous mess if ridden in dirty/ rainy conditions.

The product to use if you are serious about riding ( training or racing). Second to none. I won't ever go back to other lubricants.

Also try their bike cleaner - makes cleaning the frame and other parts a breeze.

Similar Products Used: Tried other lubes, but noe are as good.
Jack Bontorno   Racer [Sep 20, 2005]
Strength:

Great for the cables,chain it has extended the life of our brake cables and keeps the chains free of dirt and grime.No product I used cleans and lubes as well.

If theres a weakness,I have'nt seen it.

This is a great product,Whether you downhill,freerider or BMX,This stuff works.Keeps your chains lubed and clean and makes the brakes pull smooth.What more do you need.

Similar Products Used: Padros,White lighting
LEON SELMAN   Weekend Warrior [Aug 20, 2006]
Strength:

FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE
DOEN'T GUM UP. NOT WAXY THEREFORE LITTLE DIRT ADHERES TO CHAIN.
EASY TO APPLY.

HAVEN'T FOUND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY JUST YET. STILL TRYING.

THIS PRODUCT'S FEATURES APPEAR TO BE WHAT THE COMPANY HAS ADVERTISED.EASY TO APPLY, LONG LASTING, AND GREAT LUBRICATION. I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE THAT IS BETTER YET. COMPETITORS PRODUCTS AREN'T BAD EITHER, BUT THIS ONE I KNOW CAN DO THE JOB AS ADVERTISED AND IT COMES IN DIFFERENT SIZES FOR CONVENIENCE.

Similar Products Used: FINISH LINE
Tombo   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2001]
Strength:

The luber is super. You can pinpoint the product anywhere with no overflow.

The lube itself worked fine until it got real humid and while it protected chain internals, the side plates rusted after a few days. Also, the luber is a bear to refill from the bottle. You generally end up spilling about 25%.

Product works great 10 out of 12 months in my climate. If it doesn't get too wet, it really keeps chain lubed AND clean. The luber is a brilliant idea.

Similar Products Used: Tri-Flow, White Lightning, BoeShield
Chris Wells   Weekend Warrior [Dec 28, 2007]
Strength:

Easy to put lube on without wasting it. Prolink itself is a great lube that cuts down wear and allows everything to stay pretty clean. I use it on my road and mountain bike and my kids bikes. I even use it on the electric hair clippers. My last road bike got 36,000km from its first cluster and chain using just Prolink - I have only ever got about 5,000km from a chain when using other brands of lube.

I have used Prolink for years on my Road bike and Mountain Bike. It is so much better than anything else I have tried however Rock and Roll would be my second choice. However something broke on the Moutain bike and the local bike shop said it was not replacable. Doing a Google search I found it at JensenUSA and decided to try buying from overseas rather than chucking an OK bike just for one part. Pity the local bike shops as I was so happy with JensenUSA I will probably use them more often.

While creating the order I did a bit of browsing and saw the luber and the large bottle (almost one litre) of lube so ordered both at the same time and I am really glad I did. Now with a lot of lube and the luber to use it without wasting any I hope to not run out for a very long time.

Similar Products Used: Lubes - White Lightening, Rock and Roll and Pedros Synlube. However I have never used something to apply the lube before and only used it straight from the bottle