ProGold Helmet Cleaner And Deodorizer Lube

Helmet Cleaner And Deodorizer

Foaming action safely removes the root cause of foul odors within helmet liner and padding. The foaming action also safely and easily loosens and removes dirt, grime, and bugs from helmet exterior.

Laura   [Aug 15, 2014]
Strength:

Easy to use, smells good

This stuff is great. Riding in the Florida heat leaves my helmet sweaty and gross after every ride. I would run through new pads almost monthly until I found this stuff. Now my helmet always smells brand new.

Jerome Townsend   [Aug 09, 2014]
Strength:

Works VERY well and very quickly, does not leave a sticky residue, multi purpose (you can clean shoes and gloves too), helps keep the items clean after application.

None that I have found so far!

Bottom line is this product is GREAT! I use it on my shoes more than my helmet and it keep them sparkling even the matt finish of leather looks like it is just off the shelf. By removing the insoles, spraying and scrubbing them and then doing the same to the exterior of the shoe any odor that had been previously lingering is totally gone! I can go for a month or more without a second cleaning because of the protective layer left on the shoes.
In today's world of ever brighter helmets keeping them shiny and new looking is not only required by sponsors but also makes one look that much more prepared for a race. The ProGold Helmet Cleaner does this job splendidly. It keeps my Rudy Project Yellow Flo bright and crisp and also seems to help prevent fading.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this product!

Carey Lowery   [Jul 27, 2014]
Strength:

A little goes a long way. Takes the stench out of helmet pads and cycling shoes, quickly!

A bit pricey, but then again, it doesn't take much.

I used to wash my helmet and shoes by hand with ordinary laundry detergent. That took awhile and spare time is precious. This product works quickly on sweaty, muddy shoes, insoles, and helmets. I love having a clean refreshing smell each and every ride. One can lasts about 8 - 10 helmet and shoe cleansings.

Armand   [Jul 18, 2014]
Strength:

Easy to use..spray on let dry. Lasts a long time.

None found

ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer is one of the best products that I have used. It's as easy to use as spray it on and let is dry. The foaming action works! I use it on my helmet pads and my shoes. No more stinky helmet and no my stick feet shoes.

Jordan Kahlenberg   [Jul 15, 2014]
Strength:

strong and long-lasting.

None found

ProGold's Helmet Cleaner & Deodorizer works to keep my helmets & shoes smelling fresh and clean, even during the hot & humid dog days of summer. Taking my pads out to wash in the machine is a pain, and using this product saves me time and trouble from getting the pads placed back JUST right so the helmet feels comfy. Also, machine washing can damage the pads and break them down if you forget to set the machine properly. PG's cleaner keeps the pads in great shape and comfortable. A very smart product and worth every penny!

Anthony Hergert   Racer [Jul 04, 2014]
Strength:

Great product, foams fast, smells clean but not perfumed, versatile

None yet.

Helmets tend to look great and smell bad, especially MTB helmets. You sweat a lot and the speed is slower so the sweat really stays around. I used to throw my helmets in the dishwasher but the padding would get wrecked after a few washes. So, I discovered the ProGold spray deodorizer and have found it works great. You need to spray it on and work it into the pads and strap then lightly rinse out and let dry. Doesn't just mask the odor but really eliminates it. I don't ride with a hydration pack too much but, when I do, it's usually those epic, hot, long summer rides that leave the hydration pack pretty nasty. The PG helmet deodorizer cleaned the padding right up. Great product...gonna try on my gloves next. Excellent idea!

Similar Products Used: None.
Ben C.   [Jun 05, 2014]
Strength:

Easy to use, removes odor from soft items (pads, insoles, etc)

None!

To be honest, I use this to do-odorize my shoes more than anything else. Since they don't have the best ventilation properties I spray the inside of each shoe after every ride, and this product has kept them entirely odor free. The foaming action makes quick work of removing caked-on mud, although it did make me weary of spraying it inside shoes at first. This turned out to be a non-issue since the cleaner evaporates when given enough time. Using this cleaner has also kept my helmet straps from getting stiff from the repeated cycle of being soaked in sweat and drying, and keeps the helmet looking shiny.

bikeit91   [Dec 28, 2013]
Strength:

It cleans, shines, and protects your equipment, plus it smells good to boot. Gets rid of the nasty, and we all need that.

Small can. But then again, it doesn't take much.

I use the helmet cleaner on helmets, shoes, and occasionally my gloves too. It's handy for all of my riding gear that I don't regularly throw in the washer. It's wet where I ride most of the year, making it hard to keep our riding shoes tolerable to put in confined spaces. I little spraying and a wipe off sets it all straight. Great looking, clean smelling shoes and helmets are just a little extra pleasure while getting my rides in.

Gunchie   Racer [Oct 18, 2013]
Strength:

Love this product! I used it to clean the helmet I've been using all year. The helmet looked shiny and new afterwards. The scent with refreshing and clean, but not overwhelming. It comes out in a foam and dissolves dirt very well. There was no greasy residue left behind either. After it cleaned my helmet so well, I thought about other things it may be effective on. I have white grips on my CX bike and mountain bike so I used it them as well. Worked great! I then used it to freshen up my saddles, and shoes. This stuff works great on anything that could use some freshening up!

Makes you want to addictively clean smelly bike apparel/parts.

Great cleaner for anything that could use some freshening up!

Monster McConnell   [Sep 16, 2013]
Strength:

The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works great. I commute and ride in all weather and thus, my helmet gets nasty! It used to stink and I would periodically get new pads for my helmet because it got so bad. I did the Tour Divide this summer and learned of this product when I got back. I tried it out a my helmet was nasty again after 2,800 miles of heat, sweat, dust, mud, dirt ... and it worked awesome. My helmet feels fresh again.

Did not find this product earlier

The ProGold Helmet Cleaner and Deodorizer works awesome and is now part of my stable of bike gear cleaning products.