ProGold EPX Grease Lube

EPX Grease

-Lithium based grease with metal friction reducers

Joshua Dillon   Racer [Aug 09, 2014]
Strength:

For use EVERYWHERE. Great price. Long lasting.

None...it does the job, plain and simple.

ProGold EPX grease makes my whips reliable and quiet. I use the product everywhere, including ALL threads, bearings, through-axles, and chain ring bolts. The result has been no distractions from a noisy bike, enabling me to take in more of the sounds around me while I ride. It gives peace of mind knowing the parts on my bikes are protected and will function properly for years to come.

Jordan Kahlenberg   [Jul 15, 2014]
Strength:

not too heavy, not too light.

None found

It's tough to find a grease with just the right consistency to be versatile and useful in all situations, but ProGold did it right with their EPX Grease. It quiets bearings and keeps rolling parts working longer by reducing friction, increasing life, and keeping water out and preventing corrosion. The accordion applicator works great to get grease in tighter spots.

Aside from bicycles, I've found this grease to be great around the garage in general.

Double B   [Oct 11, 2013]
Strength:

It's a thick grease that keeps things moving. A tub of this product will last a while, unless of course you also use it for trailer balls, car wheels, everything else requiring grease in the garage. Provided very good waterproof lubrication. I tend to over grease things and then clean up. This cleans up relatively easy, if you have over flow.

Would like to see in a tube with a pump adapter, not just the accordion packaging. Would fit better in a tool box.

Just like all PG products, this works. No frills, no outlandish claims, just a product that you can rely upon for its intended use and beyond.

Andrea138   [Jun 26, 2013]
Strength:

Super thick, gooey grease. Keeps water out and makes parts stay quiet.

Looks like it's strawberry flavored. Don't be fooled by this.

EPX is the thickest grease I've ever used. Against the ProGold instructions, I've used it on bolt heads and threads without any issue. I've also used it to rehab bearings and make Thompson seatpost clamps STFU.

Jason   Racer [Feb 11, 2013]
Strength:

Very tenacious, Keeps water out, Great multi-purpose grease

If using the larger tub it can be a little messy to apply by hand but a $2.00 acid brush from the hardware store takes care of that.

I have been using this grease exclusively on all my bikes, Road, XC, and CX for the last 3 years, when used with a simple acid brush from the hardware store it goes on easily where you need it with much less mess than using your fingers, I have used it for pretty much any grease application, seat post, pedal axles, BB/Crank mating surfaces, repacking headsets and hubs with loose bearings, etc. it works great for preventing water intrusion and I've used it several times to extend the life of sealed cartridge bearings. Despite some people saying that it should not be used on threaded surfaces, I have tried it very sparingly on some threaded applications and when setting to the proper torque have had no problems with anything rattling loose and the added benefit of the anti-seize/anti-rust properties I feel are are well worth it to extend the life of your parts. This will allways be a staple at my workbench.