ProGold Chain Shine Lube

Chain Shine

Provides Powerful Citrus Grease and Grim
Derived from natural ingredients, ProGold's Chain Shine provides quick and powerful grease and grime cutting action. The unique formula deep-cleans and flushes dirt, grime, and grease away for heavy-duty cleaning of your bicycle.
Available Sizes: 12/16 ounce bottle

Anthony Hergert   Racer [Dec 01, 2014]
Strength:

Amazingly effective.

None I've seen.

I've used a few 'degreasers' over the years with varying success (mix it too weak it doesn't work...too strong and it destroys the carbon gloss finish) so I was a bit skeptical of how effective Chain Shine would be. It's really an amazing product. My chain on my race bike was about 3-4 months old the first time I used CS and, when I was finished, it didn't look clean, it looked NEW...and with minimal effort. I use the Pro Towels pretty religiously because I'm pretty bad about keeping the bike clean but like to keep the drivetrain clean. The Chain Shine in a Park or Pedro's chain cleaner is fast and super effective though and makes keeping the bike and drivetrain clean a lot easier. And, it didn't bother the finish on my chainstays a bit. No mixing, etc. just use it right out of the bottle. I like that. Like everything from ProGold I've tried, it's a keeper! Highly recommend the product!

Jordan Kahlenberg   [Jul 15, 2014]
Strength:

fast-acting, complete degreaser

None found

If you prefer to clean your chain w/ a chain machine, this is the degreaser for you! It penetrates well and gives the chain a complete cleaning that other chain degreasers can't. If you prefer not to use a chain machine, then try the foaming degreaser, so long as you have a small brush to scrub with.

Rich   [Jul 15, 2014]
Strength:

Fast
Thorough
Smells nice

Easier to use in a spray bottle... an issue that was easily addressed

I do use a brush to get all the nooks and crannies, but it does seem to be more effective than just using a regular degreaser. I apply it at the start of the bike wash, clean the rest of the bike, and by the time I get back to the chain, all the grit and grime just comes off. The chain pretty much looks like it came out of the box.

Eric Coomer   Racer [Jul 15, 2014]
Strength:

Easy
Extremely effective
Quickest degreaser I've found
Water soluble

Can dry out hands- wear gloves

Cleaning chains and cassettes is a pain, so much grease and mud packed into tiny crevices. Chain shine is a cure all. Simply apply, let sit for 15-20 seconds, then scrub/wipe and then rinse off. This thing really does leave a bright shiny chain and cassette behind. I just did all 3 of my bikes yesterday and took less than 10 minutes to get a like- new drive train on all of them